355 for sale 'Pozzi' blue in NJ | FerrariChat

355 for sale 'Pozzi' blue in NJ

Discussion in '348/355' started by wildegroot, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    Hi Fchatters. We're looking for a buyer for a 1999 355. 11,100 miles, immaculate condition. Asking price is $102,485. Car is in NJ. Will be posting some more pictures soon and auctioning it on Ebay:

http://www.exoticars-usa.com/sales

Any comments? I looked on Ebay tonight and the price looks a little high compared to other cars. Does anyone know where you can look to establish the true fair market value of a Ferrari?

Serious inquiries please email Wil de Groot [email protected]

Cheers,
    Sandy de Groot

(personally, I wouldn't mind having this car!)

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Buy it and let us know how you like it.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO, Jerry...

i was thinking to myself- isn't 6 figures a little high for a car like this...?

4. F1tifosi1

F1tifosi1 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    hi everyone,

that's a beautiful looking car, price seems fair to me. is it high?

5. F1tifosi1

F1tifosi1 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    ~isn't 6 figures a little high for a car like this~

I'm in the market, so if you have a nicer one for less please don't hold out on us. do you have a link to yours?

thanks

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    F1, i, myself, don't own one... However, there are many for sale, all over the place; one is mentioned here...

i know the '99s are the best 355s, but i just thought the price might be a bit high... No hurt in asking, i'm sure there's a perfectly good reason it seems inflated...

7. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    This is Wil de Groot. My wife Sandy is the net surfer. I'm more of a nuts and bolts guy. About a year ago Sandy brought a technical question on the Lamborghini List to my attention. When I gave, what I thought was a friendly gesture of an answer, other people on the board started arguing with me and questioning techniques I've used and honed for years. I thought to my self "why bother" and have stayed off these type of boards since then.

Sandy posted a request for some opinions on the selling price of a 355GTB and got what could be taken as a wise-cracking answer today. That's too bad. If I COULD afford it I WOULD buy it! It's a damned nice car. Heads and shoulders over all the 8 cylinder cars that came before it. I'm not knocking the older cars but Ferrari has progressed and the 355 really drives like a dream. I like the fact that i'ts a coupe too. I've always been partial to the GTB mid engined cars. I know I'm in the minority but I always thought Tom Selec looked pretty dumb sticking way out of that 308 and think that the original coupe lines just flow nicer visually. You can't argue with the fact that the coupes handle better and squeak less than an open car.

I don't know who will be reading this but hello Matt L, hello Oscar K, Hello Dave W and hello John A. Sorry I didn't get back to you on Wednesday. I'm still waiting for word on the module. And a big HELLO to my buddy Bruce W. I like your new Crossfire!

Regards and thanks to all.

Wil

8. F1tifosi1

F1tifosi1 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    > i, myself, don't own one< or how about all 3 of you, >me,myself & I

Agree Wil, seemed like wise crack answers to me also, but I didn't realize at the time that the one gentleman speaks two at a time, making his opinion worth double I suppose. I guess this is what you get when you let kids drink to many colas and stay up late.

F1

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, F1, i'm not sure what you're trying to imply or why you feel the need to wise off at the mouth, but it's definitely uncalled for and unnecessary... i've not made any sarcastic comments to Will or Sandy, rather i merely stated my opinion/curiosity on the price of the automobile in question...

However, if you have a problem with me personally - which it seems you do - you can certainly address me privately via PM or email or you can do it in public and make a complete ass of yourself; your choice... i'll be staying up waiting to see what you do, drinking my cola... :)

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Beautiful car - Love the color!

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    F1.............SEEMS I HAVE THE SAME INTERPATION AS DES HAS WITH YOUR ANSWERS, YOUR A COCKY S.O.B....AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE ATTITUDE, ESPECIALLY WITH 4 POSTS...GROW UP.......

THANKS WIL FOR THE COMMENT.ABOUT THE X-FIRE,,,,,,,,,AND TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.....I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WIL DEGROOT.........

BRUCE

12. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&amp;Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Having bought a 355 spider this year and havind done a lot of reasearch, IMHO you are high on asking price. Ebay does have some great cars for sale (I found mine there). Another site for your competition is the DuPont Registry. Good luck on your sale.
    Al

13. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    Hi DES,

No offense taken.

Thanks very much for directing me to that other thread. Our customer may well revise his price in a downwardly direction based on general consensus and the research done by others here. He's trying to sell his car, not have it for sale for eternity. He actually wanted us to tell him what the asking price should be, but we're not in the buying/selling business, just fixing.

Sandy

14. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    Thank you, Al! Yes we're going to give ebay a try with this, having sold a Lambo GT400 and a couple of personal vehicles there this past summer. It was a painless experience and it does seem to find the true market value of car, provided you have a valid starting point

Sandy

15. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot

Awwww... come on over and we'll give you a hug, Bruce! ;D

Sandy

16. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot

Eeek! Please chill. Being a sporadic Fchat visitor I've always enjoyed DES' contributions, especially his 'reflections' pix. He is a true admirer of the marque. I think it's too easy to misconstrue words in a post. No offense taken here (except for the crack about 'buy one yourself and tell us how you like it' - I would if I could!)

Sandy

17. F1tifosi1

F1tifosi1 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    > ESPECIALLY WITH 4 POSTS...GROW UP.......<

Huhhhhh??

I don't know about others, but I had reading and comprehension skills long before I had any posts. So what's your point?

What is this place?

a wrong turn on the way to The Twilight Zone!

F1

18. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    S1

ITS CALLED ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT........

19. F1tifosi1

F1tifosi1 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    Attitude adjustment...yes, I agree.

I read this post shortly before I read two wisecrackers yukking it up about an innocent question as to values,

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1960

So I ask again, is this a wrong turn on some hellish nightmare road to The Twilight Zone!

Adios Bendihos, there are far nicer places with far nicer more decent people to spend my time with than here!

F1

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wil, thanks, hello to you, as well... Glad all is well...

i'm not Gerald Rousch, i don't know the going prices of a 355, but with reading the board so much, i start to get a sense for prices for some things; i thought 6 figures was high for the car, even with it being a '99... That's why i posted... i didn't see any sarcasm in my post and the only reason i linked another for sale was to further reinforce my curiosity in the price of the one mentioned here...

F1, as Bruce said, you need some attitude adjustment... i'm not sure why or how you relate Rob's sponsors thread to this one, but whatever... Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

As far as Jerry's comment is concerned, he was just kidding and i don't think he meant any harm by it...

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

DES your one funny guy, but I agree, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

22. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I have a 1999 355 Spider F1 with 12,400 miles for sale.
    Tour de France blue over tan leather. Challenge grill option.

asking $ 95,500

well? who was looking?

23. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
  24. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hello Sandy- It is aice car, but about $20-30k overpriced for today's market. Has the 30k been done? Coming up on about time... (6yr or 30k I belive.)

I am biased because I want one bad, but I belive F355s are destined to become the next 308s (read: accessable greatness!) Their maintinence cost is high (motor out 30k) and there were very many made relatively speaking. The 360 and later models continue to eclipse it in performance. This will combine to push the market price lower and lower. Hopefully it will allow me to get into one soon. ;)

Wil- sorry you don't hang around more, it's just a 'net group, don't take anything said too seriously. Fun for relaxation and comment. I feel your comments on the open cars, but think you are in the minority. Market for Spider 355s in particuliar is stronger than coupes. I am just glad Ferrari makes both.

F1tifosi1, your comments on this board only illuminate how undeservedly you title yourself. You will not be missed.

Best!
    Ben.

25. F1tifosi1

F1tifosi1 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    Ben,

~i'm not Gerald Rousch, i don't know the going prices of a 355, but with reading the board so much, i start to get a sense for prices for some things;!

Didn't the real Gerald Roush use to be a sponsor here? Guess you people taught him a thing or two about attitude adjustments ahy? I'd be willing to bet you don't miss him either. Did he let the door hit him in the ass, or did he just run like hell!

F1