My car healed thyself ! | FerrariChat

My car healed thyself !

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Crawford, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I've had my 86 328 since May and it's been EXTREMELY low maintenance. After 6000 not always "easy highway miles" (tracked twice), it's really only been in the shop for oil changes.

There is one minor issue that I've had since purchasing the car. The vent direction control LED switch on the drivers side was stuck shut. This was really no problem in the summer since the A/C comes thru different vents, but with the colder weather now here I was unable to get any heat on the drivers side.

Anything above 40 degrees is top off driving weather for me as I drive my car a lot (yes, it's two words.....). I had removed and cleaned the rocker switch a couple of times to no avail - the vent just would not open up. The sobering price on a new switch is $500-700 and I was preparing to have to buck up and pull out the plastic this winter.

I was out today (top down, of course) and pushed down on the rocker, hoping in vein for some heat and ..... voila; the switch worked! Maybe it was the very chilly weather that did it; I have no idea, but I'm one happy (and toasty warm) camper. Christmas comes early to the White household !

Now I can spend that $500-700 to replace my balding Dunlop SP 8000's...

2. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    You must live right!

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    crawford..... its all that good carma helping you. the smiles, rides and great conversations with the rest of us. hell i would have sent you a few bucks to help with it since you gave me so many rides in your car here in ga! you and judge4re are among the nicest ive met so far.

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Happy to hear about your switch. It's small things that make you smile and make everything else seem better.BTW most people hope in "vain". The other kind carries blood.

5. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    DOH !!! Me know spell goode!

I also originally had the title reading "My car heeled thyself" (!)

Made me envision the 328 masochistically kicking itself in the tailpipe. I'm glad you can edit subject headers with the new software :)