Who was putting Meijers gas in their Ferrari today??? | FerrariChat

Who was putting Meijers gas in their Ferrari today???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Agent Smith, Nov 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    It was in Ann Arbor, at a Meijers grocery store, and was a red 3x8 series (spotted by a buddy of mine) getting filled up with pee water gas. Hopefully no one on this board.....

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Where I live, some Jewel grocery stores sell gas.

I don't know about Meijers, but I'm told that the Jewel gas is Shell.

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A close family friend use to be a VP of logistics for Shell oil (1980's). She was in charge of collecting pricing data for the US market on a daily basis. Shell used this information to buy gas daily and move supplies all around the country based on consumer demand and whole sale pricing.

She swears gas is all the same.
    Just like you can get women to pay $800.00 for a few hundred wedding invites printed on every-day normal paper. Oil companies know they can rape men on the price of superior branded gasolines. You just have to find the weak emotional point....and men will do anything for the love of their cars!

She enjoys teasing me about this. As she fills up her Lexus at 7/11.

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    http://www.nctimes.net/news/2001/20011223/61014.html

I buy from one of the cheapest stations in the San Fernando Valley when I'm there near my parents place. Its a Mobil, not an independant and the Shell several cents more across the street gets no business unless the Mobil is too packed.

In San Diego since I just moved here, I buy the cheapest premium at the bottom of the hill, its a whole 2 or 3 cents a gallon cheaper than the Chevron. I don't know where the 'good' (meaning, cheap premium) is yet. I estimate I use 1200-1300 gallons a year. A nickel cheaper premium goes a long way.

Sunny

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Basically, gas is all the same.

The difference is that formulations change. In cold climes, the gas will have different additives than the gas in the warm climes.

6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Really?? I didn't know that about gas. Guess all the marketing hype snowed me on this one :)