360 Stradale Vs Gallardo Auto und Motorsport | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 Stradale Vs Gallardo Auto und Motorsport

Discussion in '360/430' started by allanlambo, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    hey bumboola, i dont find the 360 hard to launch at all. are you talking the f1 or the 6-speed?

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I love my Ferraris, but I also love the sheer power of of my AMG beasts. I have had an S55 for several months and I just took delivery of my 04 SL55 last week.

They are thrilling cars on the road and especially in short bursts. But the comments that they are only good in a straight line are simply not valid. In Mid August I participated in a Benz AMG day at California Speedway. There were 90 clients and 40 '03 AMG's of every type. 30 instructors were available for us and we had the run of the place with two half hour sessions on each of the oval, infield track, timed autocross (in SL55's) coned handling course (CLK55's) skidpad (S55's) and team autocross (C32)
    The oval and infield were personal choice and I drove both tracks in a total of three different AMG's. The oval, lead and follow format at 140 mph straights and 120 turns, in a CL55 and SL55 and the infield in the SL55 and the CLK55.

These cars are very capable on a track and the SL and CL were absolutely stable and confidence inspiring on the oval. The SL on the very tight infield track was incredible. It cornered absolutely flat and its torque band is so wide that you could rocket out of each turn as soon as you gave it throttle.

I was converted and I ordered an SL55 as soon as I got home from the track.

There's an Fchat Member on this forum who regularly tracks an SL55 in Phoenix at AMP and he also regularly kicks Porsche and other exotic butt all the time ON A TRACK AROUND CORNERS!

I love Ferraris and they are about a lot more than speed. They have mystique and breeding and relative scarcity but they ought have world class performance too. I hope they are paying attention to the world around them.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lanching a car simply takes practise!. Yep some are more difficult than others but it is practise that makes perfect.

I know that in Australian motorsport that they had trouble getting the early 360 F1's off the line and converted some back to 6 speed.

I think that is solved now ... thus go and practise, and always get some wheel spin and back off until you feel the grip ... use the wheels like a clutch.

Pete

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

Pete...ONE was converted to manual. This was because there was a pause before the car got off the line, thus, all the other cars got the jump. Launch control was fitted to one, but then due to this problem, rolling starts are now used in all Nations Cup racing.

5. athlon

athlon Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    This is my first post, it no doubt will prove unpopular, Here goes. I am a member of many forums around the world for many makes of cars, it's good to see that even at the top end of the price scale, people still have not lost the tribal instinct of my car is better than yours.

Ferraris have never been quick in the stop light GP race, you buy one because of what they are and what they represent (heritage, history) not to go fast.

I dream of owning a Ferrari one day. I currently have a Subaru WRX which will blow the doors off any Ferrari. But i will drop it like a heart beat to own a Ferrari.

Ferraris are a status symbol, like: Cartier, Rolex etc, not stop light dragsters.

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You're a funny man! I attend WRX club track days, and I blow off WRXs everytime I go to the track unless they are so modified that they have to go there on a trailer. Mind you, so I should, but if you're going to mouth off, at least get your facts right! What a silly thing to say.

7. athlon

athlon Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    I am not talking around a track. If i wanted a track car i would buy a caterham kit car or similar. I am talking straight line, 10.9 seconds 1/4 mile.

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yeah? A standard WRX does that? Interesting. You should at least compare apples with apples. I think there are a number of Ferrari Formula One cars that just MIGHT beat your WRX. So ok YOUR WRX does that, but most do not and they certainly don't out of the showroom. Still as great was a WRX is for the money, I agree with you...if I had one I'd "drop it like a heart beat to own a Ferrari" too.

9. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    sorry, who compares what? why are you comparing MBs then to the CS??? in which way is this ever supposed to make any sense?

does it make any sense at all to compare a ferrari with a car, which is not supposed to be driven on tracks?

all this straight line comparing was and will ever be nonsense, that does not change with new cars.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Haha, another stupid reply. But in a sense you are right, we should compare the Benz to a Ferrari 360 since it is really just a road car, as is the benz, while the 360 Cs is a race car. So now, the Ferrari will get destroyed even worse!

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have a WRX too, and it doesn't "blow the doors off any Ferrari"