Anyone going to Ferrari's at St Armand's? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone going to Ferrari's at St Armand's?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by yesod, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I sense a new t-shirt coming from Scuderia Sarasota to celebrate
    the St. Armand's event!

Cant wait to see it.

Lots of views of this thread. Some lurkers out there very interested
    indeed.

BHW

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I'll get to work on the graphics straight away Paul.

BHW

3. mick dipple

mick dipple Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Im will surley be going , some how I missed last years event,Mick

4. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    So now let me get this straight the St. Armands Ferrari Concours is now The St. Armands Ferrari, Ford, Fiat and Lancia Concours????
    By Christmas YUGO's will also be attending as well.

Now there's a show!

I have nothing against Fiats and Lancia's but this was a Ferrari show,(Fords on the lawn is a disgrace).

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It may be suggested to any one attending this event in January that they double check the reservations at which ever eateries have been selected as far as has been communicated from the last event there,
    no reservations were made at the selected post event restaurant and attendees were turned away at the door.

Besides having Fords on the lawn, the "b***h list" also included the interesting fact that monies paid by those in advance for the post event dinner were not refunded.

Plan accordingly to avoid disappointment.

BHW

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Are we to understand now that the show will be called "Ferrari, Lancia, FIAT & Ford at St. Armands"?

Just sort of rolls off the tongue dosent it?

BHW

7. 84Pinin

84Pinin Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan J Statman
    Well the X 1/9 was called the "Baby Ferrari" and the 124 Spider was designed by Pininfarina which in turn designed some beautiful Ferraris and Fiat did buy Ferrari in 1969 as well as Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and Yugo.

So instead of calling it Ferrari, Lancia, Fiat, Ford, and Yugo at St. Armand's why not just call it Italia and Ford at St Armand's?

8. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    so they wiull also allow Yugos there?

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I think we're giving away too many ideas here...

From here on, any ideas with regard to the Sarasota event should
    come at a co$t!

BHW

10. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good

Barton, Martin & Sloan...

No one in any official capacity from FOC Florida Region has asked for your ideas so why not keep them to yourself? The three of you have been hammering the St Armands event solely on the postings of someone who sincerely wants to bring Fiats, etc to the show. As of this posting, the show remains as "Ferraris At St Armand's Circle."

If the three of you have such a problem with Sarasota Ford sponsoring the show, then step forward with another sponsor that you feel is more appropriate. For a small band that has a problem with anything the FOC does, you sure have been expending a lot of time and energy on this issue. If you don't like the FOC, why not just leave us alone? Every post that you make just keeps the FOC "in the headlines" and in peoples minds. What's that saying about no such thing as bad publicity?

Finally, at the day of show, any takers on bets that at least Barton & Sloan will be there themselves? Can't stand us yet you won't stay away! How about a "Photo" bounty on Barton, Martin & Sloan enjoying themselves at the FOC Ferraris At St Armands?

Kevin Flankey
    Event Coordinator FOC Florida

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Finally, one of the lurkers shows himself. Welcome to the discussion
    Kevin!

We (and I think I may speak for the group) find it ironic, that in a state with three (and nearly four) official Ferrari dealers and dozens of Ferrari-related businesses that not one of them does business with the FOC. Thus, the ultimate irony that last year's version of the St. Armand's event was sponsored by a Ford dealership. There could be only one reason for this.

It may be related that none of us has any interest what so ever in helping the FOC in any way shape or form and our suggestions are purely tongue in cheek. Even when suggestions were made for such events, they would be summarily written off or ignored by the power that be
    so what is the point?

I would be willing to lay odds that neither Martin, Sloan nor myself will be any where near St. Armand's Circle on January 10. Rather than "cant stay away" it should rather read "wont go near". Put your money on the table now, you wont be seeing me there.

BHW

12. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Kevin,

This is a public forum where anyone can post there comments.
    I understand that you are a member of the Board of the FL. FOC so this must be the reason why you do not understand that people are allowed to make comments and present their idea's.

Ferrari owners will attend and show their cars at St. armands no matter who organizes it as Ferrari owners love to show their cars and most have no idea what goes on inside the FOC in FL.

I will not display any of my Ferrari's at St. Armands, whether I show up to visit with friends is a choice I will make that day.

If you read my posts it makes clear that Scuderia Sarasota would only get involved with the show if your esteemed leader was not involved, the people who are involved in Scuderia sarasota are free to to do what they wish including showing their cars at St. armands and unlike the FL FOC there is no retribution for their attendence.

And the post that I was responding to made it clear that the FL FOC did invite the FL Fiat Lancia club to attend (see below) but maybe you have no clue as to what your esteemed leader has done:

"FLO-FLU, the Florida Fiat-Lancia Unlimited Club, was invited and was told that the registration forms were to be available the week after Thanksgiving. We plan on attending the event in St Armand's.

Evan J Statman
    FLO-FLU
    84 Pininfarina"

Kevin, Will you be displaying your Ferrari at St. Armands ?

I really don't like your personal attack that is based on your inability to read along with the fact that you are board member of an organzation that takes peoples money without delivering was is promised (4 track events a year and monthly FL FOC publication) read your web site, you as a director are assisting in committing a fraud. I know several indiviuals that paid for advertisements contracts in adavnce in your monthly publication that never were fullfilled. Here is some unsoloicted advise call your counsel and find out how personally liable you are as a board member who knowinly remains involved in a fraud.

Got to go now as Tommorow night is Scuderia Sarasotas 26 consecutive monthly dinner and of course we have an overflow crowd again and we don't even have a board or dues. Please keep the notice of your Sarasota monthly dinner in the National Publication even though no dinner ever is held, but hey what is one more lie????

13. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Evan,

Looks like the FL Fiat-Lancia club has been uninvited.

See post by Keven Flakey of the FL FOC Board.

Now you know why we say what we say about them.

Paul

14. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Aaaahh gee, Barton...Who will be there to sell your T-shirts?

Like I said, for 3 people who "won't go near," you and the other two have been expelling a lot of hot air on this thread. As for Ferrari dealer sponsorship of the event, you withhold relevant details to bolster your case ie. SW Florida (the Sarasota/Naples area) isn't home to any Ferrari dealership per se except for Shelton in Naples/Ft Lauderdale. Could the reason Shelton wouldn't be interested because their sales manager, Will Campbell, is on the board of the Florida Region FCA? Nice little detail to leave out, friend. So that leaves Ferrari of Central Florida and the Collection in Miami. Both probably consider Sarasota to be outside of their service/market area due to the distances involved or don't want to (or can't) encroach on Shelton's "turf." Simple explanation.So what new distortion do you want to now present to the public here on FChat? If you look towards the beginning of this thread, you will read "BRM"'s postings in defense of the FOC. Its not like someone finally rose to the defense. On the other hand, guess it's better to be a "lurker" than a "jerker!"

Kevin Flankey

15. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Paul,
    Excuse me for seeming confused. You are now apologetic to the Fiat-Lancia club when anyone can read earlier posts by you, Martin & Barton on this thread that having the Fiat club dispay is some sort of travesty. Seems like you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

Kevin Flankey

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Sarasota falls into Ferrari of Central Florida's area and I suggest
    you contact our friends there (as well as the Sheltons and Collection) directly about their involvement with any event sanctioned by the aforementioned club.

If you believe for one moment that the Shelton's lack of involvement with the aforementioned club has anything to do with a "FCA consipriacy" you should think again.

As has been stated, there are three official (and nearly four) Ferrari dealers in the State of Florida and dozens of Ferrari-related businesses
    all of which are not doing business with the aforementioned club.

I believe that statement speaks for itself.

If people want to go to St. Armand's, they are free to do so. We have simply pointed out to the uninitiated what they may expect. Things such as being drafted to be a "volunteer judge" at the last moment and then be publically insulted for your efforts when all you really wanted to do was relax and enjoy the day...

BHW

17. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Kevin,

I realized you were confused from your intitial post on this matter so no need to pardon you. Actually from what I hear that is normal for you.

By the way to help you with your confused state: The majority of Ferrari owners in Sarasota who have bought new ferrari's have bought them from Ferrari of central Florida who do consider this their service area.

But hey why should you know that your only a Board Member of FL FOC.

Maybe you should let Evan know that his group is now uninvited and as I made clear (and remain unapologetic) Evans group had no business being in the St Armands Ferrari show. I do feel bad for them that they now have been screwed by you and your club.

I wonder will FORD be displaying their new "Ferrari Killer" on the lawn, that would be nice to see at a Ferrari show.

I hear you are going to again have Chefs doing the judging as was done last year, will they be using the approved FOC Chefs judging method?

18. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good

19. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Mr Sloan,

I don't believe we have ever met. So please spare me the "confused is normal" crap. You are drawing your conclusions from a biased individual or two. Judging by your diatribes about the FOC and anyone involved with it, you don't come across as a particularly objective person. I think the people around Florida and beyond, reading this thread can see who is taking the high road and who is making juvenile, inflamatory, and just outright lies. "Chefs doing the judging"??? As mentioned in an adjacent post, I was the concours field steward for that event. "Chefs" did not do "the judging." To make that statement Paul, is utterly false.

How have I, personally screwed Evan & his Fiat club? But really Paul, your take on this issue doesn't matter. Just you and your boys keep posting on this thread, keep it "up top" on the view counter. The FOC appreciates it. We really do!

PS: How them racoons farin'?

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I seem to recall at the 2001 version of St. Armands, you personally told me you and Anne came to the event to relax and enjoy the day. However, you and anyone else breathing was drafted into being a judge, help park cars, direct traffic, etc. etc. at the last moment.

Once the event was completed, you were slated rather publically (much to everyone's embarrassment) for your judging effort which would seem to be par for the course. Thus, it's surprising you would be defending the actions of the aforementioned club much less taking part once again.

Gauging by how many people take part in these forums, I would say it neither affects or detracts from attendance at any events. People will
    show up to the event F-Chat forum or not.

Much more could be stated here but I'm not going to waste more time on the subject.

BHW

21. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Hm, Kevin was there both years....
    hm, he can not remember meeting Sloan....
    hm, if memory serves right it was Sloan who put the entire show together last minute because your fearless leader did sqad, wasn't that the case or am I going senile?

Kevin if you think all is well in FOC land, well how about refunding Ray his $14,000 he is still owed from the club?
    How about refunding me my advertising money that was never advertised?
    How about refunding the advertising money for my wife whos ads were not advertised?
    There is Eddie Fiuza who is still owed money for ads.
    ...and the list goes on.

But lets talk about sponsors. Big bad Shelton. Will being on the FCA board. Charlie served on the FOC board and was still very involved in the FCA. Did not bother DB then.
    The treasurer of the FOC was also a FCA member and very involved then, did not bother him as well.
    Fact is, that all 3 F-dealers would sponsor if the club would be run properly.
    Fact is, that you have hundreds of exotic car dealers that are longing for exposure and would underwrite such an event, but not with the leadership and the conditions given to such sponsors. "give me the money and go away" is not the attitude that a potential sponsor sees as fit to do business.
    How do I know? I am such a dealer.

Whats with the ballots?
    Why did the last treasurer resign as well? Did he by any chance see the books of the FOC that nobody else is able to see?

The FOC has not asked for my opinion. That is true. YESOD has. Unless you want to forbid me to speak in this forum by authority of the FOC I shall make my opinion heard.

Martin

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    and just in case someone is asking:

I was a judge at the 2002 St Armands show. TR class if you want to look it up.

23. FOC Florida

FOC Florida Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Florida
  24. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Mr. Flakey,

Seems like you are still confused based on everyone elses recolections.

You must be very important with all those titles. What ferrari's do you own again??

Are you up for re-election to the FOC Board? whoops I forgot you were never elected in the 1st place as there never have been legitimate elections at your club....have there??? Keep collecting residents money and making promises that you know you can't fulfill it all will eventually catch up to you.

The sword you swing is dull!

25. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    This is getting like "Peyton Place"! Paul, Martin and Barton are doing a fine job; no need in me joining in. I take their side. No need to offer more details.
    Kevin, with all due respect, you were not around when things with the FOC went sour in November 2002. The new regime, including myself, at that time had great ideas and plans for 2003. The leadership at that time is still the same today. It was not being given up.
    Just for the record, Charlie was never on the FOC board.
    Barton, summed it up..."Let it die a slow death".

This will be my one and only comment on this subject.
    Whatever happens, I wish you luck.