PPI in San Diego | FerrariChat

PPI in San Diego

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Davidindallas, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Can anyone recommend someone in San Diego to do a PPI on a 456?

2. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I suggest Gary Bobileff, Bobileff motorcar co, 6730 Top Gun Street.858 622 1600. He has serviced mine for several years. There is also a dealer unless that is where the car is from. The dealer is also good in my experience.858 831 0717. ask for Bill Pierson

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I was ready to use Gary Bobileff as well, then the car I bought left the state. He faxed a copy of the report he uses when inspects the car, it's VERY thorough.

4. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    San Diego Ferrari is the place to go. Bill Pierson the service manager has excellent technicians and equipment to do a comprehensive PPI.

Phone number 858-831-0717

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

gary b. is the guy. gary has a real knowledge of ferrari both mechanically and cosmetically. he has actually been flown to many concours events nationally as a proper judge. he is really good!
    e-mail me if you need further info.

6. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I would take it to Gary for a PPI, he in fact services my car. I have also used Ferrari of San Diego (I took my car to FSD for a warranty repair on my 328 a while back) they did a good job. FSD seems to work more on the newer cars, 360's, 456's, 550's, Maserati's etc. Gary seems to work more on the somewhat older cars. Either way you probably won't go wrong. My sense is that Gary would do a more thorough job than FSD for a PPI.

Good luck and let us know what happened.

7. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thanks. I'll start the adventure tomorrow morning.