Are there any local exotic car rental places? | FerrariChat

Are there any local exotic car rental places?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by mred, Nov 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    Do you guys know of any exotic car rental places in the Atlanta area or in Georgia for that matter. I have not been able to find any but Driven Image says that they can ship one of their cars to me for about $800 (I assume each way). I would obviously prefer to find one locally. Thanks in advance for all of your responses.
    ED

2. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    What kind of car are you looking for?

3. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
  4. mred

mred Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    I am looking for a 355, 360, or murcielago for a few days
    thanks
    ED

5. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    The only thing I can add is that I did a _very_ extensive check last April, and at the time there was not a single place in the U.S. that would rent out a Murcielago.

I had one place quote me $5k / day but when I pushed them they said the car "was not available"

I have a feeling there's one somewhere, but it's not with a public rental place (Driven Image said, specifically, "we may have access to one").

There are plenty of 355s and 360s out there, however.

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    BTW -- The reason it's so hard to find a murcielago to rent is simply because of its price. It's very very very difficult for a rental company to get insurance for their cars, it's even more difficult to get insurance for cars valued oved $100k, and it's basically impossible to get insurance for a car valued at $250k. In a few years that'll change, obviously, but that's why the only lambos you can find for rent are mid-model Diablos (~$125k).