shiping charges from U K. | FerrariChat

shiping charges from U K.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ria, Dec 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    2 timing belts 2 bearings and som gaskets i got from superformance UK i pay $ 57 US for shiping. is this a F rip of not. this is my expir geting parts from UK. THIS WILL BE THE LAST F- TIME.

2. seschroeder

seschroeder Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2002
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Steve Schroeder
    Does sound high to say the least - sorry that happened to you. I've found Ferrari UK's shipping charge to be both fair and reasonable.

3. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq

I agree.

4. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi Ria...

I see that the parts were from another company.

If you need anything else we at Ferrari UK always tell you how much the shipping charges are before we charge your credit card. We sell shipping at cost +10% so the shipping doesn't ruin the deal !!

Send me your thoughts.

Regards

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Have had extremely good experience with Ferrari - UK.
    Reasonable price, good customer service and on time delivery. A bit slow answering emails occaisionally, but I imagine they are busy.

6. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ferrari of UK:

I received my order last week, but today I received a bill from Federal Express for the shipping. Did my purchase price include shipping, or do you normally bill this separately?

Thanks.
    Ken

7. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi Ken.

I would guess this is US Customs duty. The price you pay from us is all-in.

Any other experieneces out there ?

Cheers.

8. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ferrari of UK:

Thanks for the response. I love your website with all of the diagrams and prices. Ordering was very easy. Now we just need the dollar to increase in value.

Ken

9. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One of my golden rules in life is never to be embarrased to ask the price before you purchase. That is even more true now that I own a Ferrari. I also have had good exprience with Ferrari UK.

10. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Interesting subject!

We tend to find that anything under 2 kilos is quite reasonable to post. For an indication we usually say that to ship 3 small items i.e. a gear knob, a set of pedals and a shift gate will cost about £9 to ship to the US. Its when it gets over 2 kilos that the cost tends to shoot up.

Paul

www.hill-engineering.co.uk
    Ferrari Chat Sponsor

11. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    ferrari UK. what the shiping cost will be if i was to get 2 timing belts 2 tensioner bearings all the cam seals + the intake gaskets and a thermostat to see how much i got ript of by this F- guy name mike at superformance wen i call him this morning telling me i did not make any money from the shiping charges my ass. this parts are for a 1980 308gtsi. ferrari UK THANKS.

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I have had great experiences with Ferrari UK and quiet the opposite from Superformance. When I asked Superformance how much shipping was going to be he told me he wasn't Amazon.com and wouldn't be able to tell me until it was sent out!

On the other hand Ferrari UK told me up front how much shipping would be before I even finallized my purchase. I will only deal with Ferrari UK now for parts from overseas.

13. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    THIS IS IT. I WILL NEVER MAKE A PURCHASE FROM SUPERFORMANCE UK IF THIS IS THE WAY THAY DO businnes

14. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I think we need to differentiate between "Shipping" charges and "Shipping and Handling" charges. A lot of places I deal with just charge shipping by passing their cost on to you. Other places mark up thier shipping costs to include packing, handling, supplies, etc. Some places I deal with end up charging me almost three times what that item would cost just to ship.

When I ship an item for my business, I need to estimate the shipping cost because the invoice is included inside the box. Experience tells me about what they should be so I'm usually within 10%.

P.S. My experience with Ferrari UK was very positive with reasonable shipping costs.

15. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Guys you are forgetting a small detail here. Dollar is almost 20% down in value compared to the European currencies, even more against the Sterling Pound.

You are going to start feeling the impact in prices in Europe and in shipping costs from here.

1 Euro = 1.21 US$ today.

Just my 2 cents.

16. rufus

rufus Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2003
    Toronto & St PetesFL
    Full Name:
    Pete Gorrell
    ria, I was charged fifty bucks to get a camera from New York to Toronto via UPS: a small, light shipment. I have found Superformance & Mike OK to deal with.. the problem is UPS. Ask him for a different ship method next time. Post works fine from the UK.

17. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Hi Ria,

We would charge approx £21.00 ($35.00) for an order of those parts. That would be for a NEXT DAY delivery via FedEx!

Best
    Mark

18. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Ria, just wondering if you are in the US,
    why not just order simple things like cam belts locally?

19. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    IF in the US--buy it here---trust me -TRutlands has it all and a lot cheaper than dealers--seems like I order something weekly from him and have NEVER ben told no or dont have it.
    Also, I do not have any connection to them--just have had great pricing and service--so I recommend them.

20. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Second that - I hear Rutlands have a good reputation and are sometimes cheaper than Ferrari UK.

21. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    thanks to all of you + ferrari UK for the input.