246 DINO/Chairs flairs | FerrariChat

246 DINO/Chairs flairs

Discussion in '206/246' started by msdesignltd, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am looking for the immediate purchase of a 74 Dino GTS, must be 95 points or better, fully sorted and preferably Red/ Black. only interested in chairs flairs version.I am in new york area. This will be my christmas present, so must act in the next 2 weeks...Good Cheers to all, Thanks Michael...........will listen to other color combos!

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    You're lucky not to have been flamed for this one yet :) Suggest a bit more research first before this type of question.

A good starting point is Ferrari Market Letter (www.ferrarimarketletter.com, you'll need to pay to use this) - there are 8 246 GTS on there right now, at least one black/red chairs/flares '74.

Enjoy the hunt.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    if you're unwilling or unable to do the legwork, you should get in touch with a few of the dealers who sponsor this site (click on the "Sponsors" link near the top middle of this page). one or more of them can probably find you a car licketysplit.

oh, and MERRY christmas ;)

doody.

4. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am not looking for a mediocre car as posted by FML....95 points or better means it has had a restoration recently...I am looking for body off complete nut and bolt new car...I have searched far and wide, and come up blank...I am new to this forum , why would I be flamed for such a request! I have had 6 previous dinos and am looking for the BEST!

IF ANYONE HAS INFO PLEASE FWD TO ME AT [email protected]

5. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    Are you still looking for a Daytona and Miura??

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Take your checkbook to the Cavallino Classic, and BUY the class winner!

7. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Just saw one like you are looking for in a warehouse down the road from me the other day. The owner never drives it and does not use the local dealer/service. It has less than 15k original miles on it and I know it has been there at least 5 years. The owner has a home here and one in FL and is unlikely to want to sell, from what I hear. I'll try to get a few photos if you would like.

8. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

weren't you asking abt Enzos last week too?

9. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

10. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
  11. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    YES...I am interested in one of the following cars
    74 Dino C+F's
    74 Daytona conversion or perfect coupe
    68-71 Miura

all must be concours able, Thanks Michael

12. Dennis in SE PA

Nov 3, 2003
    Reading, Pa
    What does chairs and flares mean? I have wanted a 246 GTS since FOREVER, but I don't recall hearing these terms.

Never mind. A quick search on Google tells me it is what I suspected. Chairs refers to special seats, and flares refers to wider wheels and a lip around the wheel wells. These were options. I post this info for others with the same question.

13. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    The really desirable combo, is chairs, flares and air... (as in air con).

This little rhyme always amuses me.