Blue CS (RX53UGH) | FerrariChat

Blue CS (RX53UGH)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 355fiorano, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I had to go to the service centre this morning so I also popped in to Maranello sales ... just in case I was lucky enough to spot a CS.

Turning into the car park and ... a CS narrowly avoided re-aligning its front bumber against Izza's van (which I had borrowed for the occasion .. thanks again Izza) but for the swift application of both scuderia Ferrari's finest carbon fibre anchors and Ford's somewhat more modest but effective efforts.

I couldn't believe my luck. The salesman driving it, parked the car in front of the main enatrance for a good 10 minutes before he ventured off. This gave me the chance to drool over it for a while. It was in TDF blue with tan interior, no stripe. For me this is absolutely the best combination and she looked stunning. I spent most of the time staring at the break disks and noticing the more aggressive lines of the front bumber and the side pods before the rear wheels. The engine was left on and you could feel the menace lurking below the chrispy burble at tick over. Soon enough however, the sales guy was back and with a small manual ("hand out of window" type manual) adjustment to the mirror dorve it away.

Anyone in f-chat know/own/test dorve this car ?

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I believe it's Maranello's demonstrator. Maybe Wazza will know a bit more?

3. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I thought as much but I seem to remember reading in a thread this week that someone bought the demonstrator for cash ...

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I tried to test drive the beast on Thursday but it appears the manager uses it to blast around ( dont Blame him) Ive heard its not for sale yet and several people have made first attempts at forming a list to purchase the beast.....joe

5. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I don't blame him either ... or the people offering him cash to buy it. Just looking at it today, if I had the cash, I would have tried as well :)

At least now I am beggining to solve my newest problem. I had wanted a 355 for a long time well .. since it was introduced really. My all time favourate is a 288 GTO but that's a little way off in a timing sense as it will be a few years before I could stretch to aford it. Since buying the 355 there has always been that underlying nagging thought of what next. Well, looks like I might have found it :D

It may take 2-3 years though, so Wazza and anyone else that buys a CS, please keep on posting your experiences to feed the dreams !!!

Philip

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Phillip

To date i have not had the plesure in viewing this formidable car in question, now i may book the bloody test drive and stick my name on the list....Wazza how long is it again???????????????

Oh well, the spider is the next best thing for me......

Tony,

I will prob have the spider for the forseeable future.......and Paul the DVD would be nice...and carnt wait to hear mine yours, wazza and tonys James and Simon tubis all making that near perfect Fsound thats simply unforgetable.....

7. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    May I suggest the Rotherine tunnel ... two lanes either way and plenty of reverb. Can't make too many passes though as there is a police station about 2 miles down the road and you'll probably wake them up !

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Phillip,

Keep you informed about Venue....Dartford, Blackwall....in fact Phil any long tunnel these cars sound superb........Hurry up Summertime...dak mornings and eves are pissing me off already..

Joe

9. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Sorry Guys
    Don't know much about this Tdf one.
    Although it's probably the same one they had earlier in the year that turned up at Goodwwod festival and blast up the hill.

The waiting list waiting list was only about 6-7 months when I put my order in but I don't know what it is now.

10. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Wazza

what colour was the domonstrator you drove and did it have the stripe?

By the way ... shouldn't you be out ripping the tarmac now that its so nice and sunny ! :D

Philip

11. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Same color Tdf/Tan. No stripe.

Your'e right, should be out today not yesterday but have something else to do today like entertain the wife ( remember she's the one that doesn't have wheels) before going off to whatch Chelsea tan the Red Devils.

Go On You Blues

Waaza

12. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London

Haven't they also installed cameras at each end of the tunnel which time taken?

13. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip

I didin't know about that !!! Could well have done ... they're everywhere. I need to get myself some of these radar gadgets sometime soon. Research is nearly complete....

14. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Dartford Tunnel best Four cars , two in each lane and hammer it through.

15. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London

Won't help - IR cameras that time you along length of tunnel.

16. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Hmmm .... So you really need a number plate switcher ala Jmaes bond. I actually found something like that for sale. You have a button in the cabin that when pressed folds the number plate along the horizontal :D
    Come to think of it, where it folds you can write a "friends" number plate on the reverse and flick it under cameras, at ludicrous speeds ....

Just letting my immagination roll for a while ...

Cheers
    Philip

17. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    355fiorano (et al)

Can anyone help.

If these new fangled police cameras run off IR is it possible to run a copper wire around the engine block, underneath the car and connect to a metal plate behind the number plate? The plate would look normal to the human eye but would be so hot that when the cameras take a photo the plate would be so hot all that registers is a white glow.

Maybe this is one to submit to Top Gear for scientific testing on Sunday evenings.

18. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Have asked the BBC to investigate!!

19. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    #19 355fiorano, Dec 3, 2003