Is there life out there in Mich? | FerrariChat

Is there life out there in Mich?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by carguy, Nov 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just wanted to see if anyone's out there here in Michigan. I've been busy working on my Testarossa and have been burning up the message boards lately till last weekend. Just thought it would be nice to talk to someone more "local" for a change.

2. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    I have seen some of your posted photos. The cars are put away for the winter, now I have to start cleaning the place up so I can get some work done before spring. I am not going to do anything as major as you did just minor items I think. I am in the Grand Rapids area where are you. I know there have been a lot of conversation about what to do to store your car (I always like the comment about driving the car every week or two) over the winter, but do you do anyting special? I hope every one is safe and has a happy Thanksgiving.

3. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Yes we have a Michigan Chapter of FCA Dave Wexall and myself have been trying to get things going. We had five events this past year, and we tried to put together one more Kart 2 Kart event for December. We had a very low response so we have just cancelled the event will probably try again next spring
    This year we had following events.
    1. March 2004 Kart 2 Kart event.
    2. Tech day at Cauley Ferrari.
    3. May spring drive from Ypsilanti.
    4. Detroit Concours Italian.
    5. September drive to Lexington, Mi.

4. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I will take my car next week to a heated building 10 minutes from my house every two weeks start, and run for sometime if roads have no salt take for drive.

5. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Oh no! I forgot to RSVP, I hope you didn't need ONE MORE to make it work! :(

6. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    We have cancelled Kart 2 Kart. No one more would not have been enough, but it would have been better than seven it would have been eight.
    We may try it again in March 2004 !!!

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Funshipone....were you at Gingerman this last August? If so I think I had a burger and talk to you for a few minutes. I think we were commenting on the many different exhaust sounds coming from the track. I had my nephew with me and he bought a Ferrari hat.....I'm trying to get at least one other family member hooked on Ferraris. So far he's getting better at learning the different types, but is still wants a Jag.

8. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Never been to Gingerman where do you live I live on Lake St.Clair.

9. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm located in the thriving metropolis of Coldwater. Never been to Gingerman eh...? I went there 2 years ago because I wanted a Ferrari and figured it would be a good place to see and hear them, and learn about them. I wasn't disappointed, it was fantastic! Got my first fcar ride that day and have been hooked ever since. Perhaps you may consider going next year? There is practically NO fcar activity in my area, so I consider the Gingerman event to be Nirvana and feel very lucky it's only about a hundred miles away.

I did take my TR out for a good drive today...it was beautiful weather especially considering it's almost December. I'm taking advantage of every nice day we have till either snow flies or they salt the roads.

Too-Ta-Loo!

10. funshipone

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    Hello Carguy first Saturday of each month I meet with some men who have a building in Ypsilanti called the Garage at 9:00 AM for coffee dounuts supplied by Garage people lasts a couple hours. We sometimes have speakers that dicuss various things to do with cars.
    You are more than welcome to join me this Saturday, and I will introduce you around. Their is about 100 cars stored at Garage Ferrari's, Porsche and many others very nice place.
    If you are interested let me know by email and I will send you map.
    If you drive your Ferrari you can pull it inside for everyone to admire.
    Let me know.

11. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    hi every one my name is nate, i live in east lansing but dont have a ferrari(yet:))

what i wanted to know if i could still go to some of the events to see the cars and take photos. to see some go to http://www.imagestation.com/members/speedracer04

and in a long shot if anyone wants some one to ride shotgun i would be more then happy to fill in:) i need to get that first ride in a ferrari in.

12. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Funshipone: That sounds like fun, I will let you know tomorrow evening. It has been very hectic lately as 2 people very close to me have passed away in the last two days....very sad indeed. Perhaps that "Garage" place is just the therapy I'll need? Thank You very much for the invitation!

Mr2speedracer: If your ever going to be in Coldwater let me know, if the roads are dry and salt-free I'll be glad to give you a ride in my Testarossa. But winter is nearly upon us to time is very short.

13. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    carguy: thank you! that would be great. where is coldwater? i would happly drive up, to bad winter is coming.

i have a 91 n/a i got back from the shop yesterday after they had it for almost 5 weeks so i missed the last few nice days we had left.
    http://speed.*************/Board?viewThread=y&fID=8&tID=91646

PS what Testarossa is yours? i was was at the enzo party at the dealer and took some photos out side because they would not let me in for the show. they did let me go into the back to see the f40 and f50 before it started

14. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    mr2speedracer: Since you've already been up close and personal to some truly stellar Ferraris my car would be small potatos for you now. My TR is the Nero Black Metallic one in the "showroom" category of this website. It is a "driver" type of car and not a show car. As for where Coldwater is, it's a bit over an hours drive south of you on I-69, about 8 miles north of the Indiana state line.

As for a ride, yeah the weather is changing rapidly. There may be a day or two left, but if the roads are wet or their is salt down, I can't drive the TR. It's a real hit - n - miss situation.

That's a very dramatic shot of your car, is photography a hobby of yours?

15. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i have seen ferraris at shows but never been in one and would love to see your TR

i am thinking of photography for school next year but i still need to deside.

16. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    its to bad winter seems to be starting but maybe after winter i could drive up to see it and meet.

17. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That is cool with me.....just drop me a line and let me know, and I'm sure we can work something out. Take care....and keep this Michigan section alive. I know I'm gonna keep posting....we really need to wake up the spirit around here.

18. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i will post photos of ferraris i have seen if you think it will help?