308 qv air filter | FerrariChat

308 qv air filter

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Doc, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    What's the best source for a reasonably -priced air filter element for a QV? Do Fram or Purlator make them ? if so, what are the #'s?

Thanks in advance, Tifosi.

2. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Bill:

I ordered a new OEM UFI Ferrari filter from T Rutlands for about $30. Stick with OEM.

Ken

P.S. You may also want to call Algar (www.algarferrari.com) They seem to be very cheap as to parts.

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Not home right now (at Lori's getting my shifter adjusted ;-) ). $5 and will post the exact number tomorrow :)

Enjoy The Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

4. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doc,

You can use an STP SA3901 (Deutsch A731) air filter and i found it at Pep Boys for $5! Fits GREAT and seems to work well too. Always glad to help.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

5. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Thanks, Steve. By the way, I just bought the Purlator equivalent of those 2 sizes and it didn't fit properly. I'll return it tomorrow and try the exact one you've rec'd.

6. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Doc,

On the STP, the legth is a TAD too long, but a mean JUST a tad so it squeezes in. Width is a touch short, but JUST a touch and still seals fine. Works fine in the 1985 308GTS Qv that is here.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

7. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why not fit a KN air filter.Once done you never need to buy another just clean & oil it.

Steve

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Because i am not convinced that the K&N filters enough junk over time. Would rather replace my air filter every 3k miles with oil change. At $5 an STP filter it is cheap enough and good insurance.

Besides, the Euro version 308 is not desperate to make "added HP" using the K&N as the much heavier and slower US version might be. Guess there are some things where it is better to err on the side of caution. $5... or $50 aint gonna break the bank here.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin