Saturday drive to Ocean Shores | FerrariChat

Saturday drive to Ocean Shores

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by stokpro, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    We will meet at Southcenter Mall in the parking lot for Bahama Breeze restaurant (used to be the theatre there) at 9:30am this Saturday, November 1st. After lunch in Ocean Shores, we will go for a drive to be determined. Directions and address to Bahama Breeze can be found at http://snurl.com/2rww

If Ocean Shores does not sound appealing, I'm open to suggestions for other routes to drive.

Remember to pack your FRS radios (walkie-talkies).

See you all on Saturday!

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Today was an interesting day.

I got up at 9AM this morning. Unusual in that I get up at 5:30AM every day. So I figured I was too late to join up with the group. Went out for a solo drive instead.

Near the end of my run, I get a call from Andrew and Jackson asking me to wait for them at Bear Creek CC. Since I was near that area, I pulled right in.

I guess the Ocean Shores run was cancelled and everyone want to drive a little closer to home.

Kuzi showed up in his 575M with Andrew riding shotgun. Dave Handa in his 328GTS. Jackson in his red 360. And a big surprise, John and Ruth Haller appeared with baby Anna in their Bentley Arnage.

We drove the backroads of Snoqualmie Valley. Hit some nice twisties and straights to open up the cars a little bit. Kuzi, I hope I didn't hold you back too much in my 360. :)

Stopped in Duvall for lunch then dropped by Dan S.'s house. Dan led us for a bit more backroad driving then everyone breaks for home.

That's the short scoop on today's drive. I think Andrew might have some pictures to post later.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    [/FONT][/COLOR]I had work to do on the ranch This week end. Last weekend I did some research on roads north and east of me for bored Fcar drivers. I will work expandind the choices as time goes by.
    DJ

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    DJ,

I think it's great to have a few people set up driving routes in their areas then host a club driving session. I've led the group on some of my routes a few times already. Will Diefenbach showed me a couple more last week that I would have never guessed were there. Please draw up a few combinations of routes up north and let us know. We'll rally the F-car gang for the drives.

I think we need guides for the Maple Valley area, The islands, and a few other areas.

5. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    C'mon Andrew. Where's the pics :)

Albert

6. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    OK Andrew, where's the pics...;-)

7. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Yeah Andrew, where are the pics :)

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Willis,

Those were some great backroads! I think you and Will D. have proved that we don't have to always drive far for a nice drive. As for Maple Valley routes, I think Dave Tegeler can help us out there.

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Albert,

Sorry I kept losing you on the phone, I was using Jackson's cell which apparently doesn't have the best reception. Anyway, I didn't snap many pics really, took maybe two in the parking lot. :(

10. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    We'll definitely have to get more response next time around...........Maybe if the weather holds this coming weekend...........Lets start the head count now?????

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Just checked the forecast for this weekend and it looks promising.... mostly clear Fri, Sat, and Sun with temperatures in the low 50's. Not the warmest but I'll take it over the 41 degrees we drove in this past weekend. Maybe we should just pick out some local backroads (Willis, Will D., Dave Tegeler help with routes???) with a lunch stop in between drives. Ok, who's in?

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

I don't think people will notice the additional threads (page 2, page 3, etc.) since there not all on one page now. I'll post the above as a new thread to maximize exposure.