FCA Central States Region, 2004 Track Event | FerrariChat

FCA Central States Region, 2004 Track Event

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by pma1010, Dec 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    It looks like this will be mid-May. The "usual" July schedule has changed do to limitations on track availability and conflicts with other CSR events.

If you haven't attended before, this is a great opportunity to feel your car at speed in a controlled environment. We'll have some terrific instructors to help you have a fun, fast and safe time. There's also nothing like the scream of a 333SP at full chat or a 308 sliding around the track or the wail of a Tubi to two to bring a smile to your face. It's also good opportunity to improve your skills. In past years we've had a good complement of the Continental team on hand to ensure the cars are tech'd, and to assist with any issues that arise over the weekend.

We are also planning some entertainment during the track weekend so that wives/girlfriends/friends and partners don't feel totally left out.

Please contact me if you have interest in attending/helping out in some way. We are always keen to have enthusiasts involved and various people have been kind enough to provide rides to workers at the event in the past.

On a personal note, I started track events two years ago. I had no idea I'd use my Ferrari in this fashion when I bought it. I've learned more about being a safe driver than ever before, learned the racing line and had tremendous fun doing this than at any time before. Gingerman is a very forgiving track -- there is little if anything you can hit and the Club promotes a responsible, safe and fun experience. Who can resist the wailing and popping of the Tubis, the induction roar of the Webers and smell of hot motor oil? I've been welcomed by the participants/organizers/sponsors and been made to feel "part of the family". Everyone is concerned about their cars. I've not seen a Ferrari abused or damaged. I have seen lots of smiles. We'd like to get as many of you as possible along to the event and joining in the fun. Who's up for attending?

Philip

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Gingerman is on my list of goals for next year. Not sure I can already make it in May, will attend the Spanish GP. Depends on the final schedule.

PS: One more thing to do during the Gingerman weekend: Fill your trunk with some great St. Julian wine from MI.

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Philip, not to mention that South Haven is a pretty cool town. I'm definitely interested.

Andreas, is the wine actually good, or are you being facetious?

4. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Jack, I like you profile picture ;) Just need that next to your 328... :) Or should i say mine ;)

Phillip, Next Gingerman in May, may be a possibility for me to come check it out??? Will have to see when it gets closer if i can get the time off. Been crazy here at work, things are picking up, but we have half the work force and are on a hiring freeze... nice...

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually it is good, no sarcasm. Have been there a few times for wine shopping. My favourite was "The Great White" (pun towards the shark) as a Chardonnay and "The Chancellor" for the Cabernets.

Now with the Ferrari luggage space comes at a premium, so I probably won't buy too much wine, but focus on their more recent eau de vies. They got really got "Schnaps", "Pfluemli", "Kirsch", whatever you want to call them. Not cheap, but delicious. The outlet store is btw right next to the interstate past the border.

6. Feffman

Feffman Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Gateway To The West
    Full Name:
    Feff
    Philip:

If/when you run your 2004 track day, please send me details as a number of the Lotus gang here in St. Louis and Chicago enjoy track time.

Mark Pfeffer

7. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    All, just to be clear, the date for the track event is 15 - 16 May. Location is Gingerman.

Mark
    Let's connect closer to the time -- I'd like to get a good sense of F-car demand first.
    Philip

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bummer. I knew it. Just one week after the Barcelona GP. I'll be still touring the French Pyrenees at that time.

Oh well, you cats have fun!

9. Feffman

Feffman Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Gateway To The West
    Full Name:
    Feff
    Philip:

You can reach me at [email protected] regarding the May track day.
    Hopefully we can reciprocate with our annual event in early September at Putnam Park.

Mark Pfeffer - Grand Poobah STALLS