360 on steroids. | FerrariChat

360 on steroids.

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Russ Birch, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Wow , not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Is anybody even on here?

The Capristo exhaust is in, the silenced test pipes are in, the new tips are on, the ECUs are in.

All I can say is OH........MY.........GOD!!!!!!, It feels like there is a blower on the car!

And the sound; Frickin F1 car. WAAAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAAAAAA
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Pinnin me in the seat at 9000 rpm.

Russ

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Hey, Russ!

I'd like to hear about the whole conversion process. Pictures? video/ sound clips?

That Capristo must look awesome in the engine bay!

3. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Yo Willis! Good to hear from you.

The whole thing was not that hard. Getting the old exhaust out without removing any body work was a little hard, but once it was out, the installation of the new Capristo was rather easy.

The old CATs weighed like 35 pounds each, the new silenced test pipes weigh about 8. The stock exhaust weighs 69 pounds, the new Capristo 40. The tips weigh about the same. The system came with all new hardware, and Heiko was on the phone with me from Germany the whole day going "is it done yet, is it done yet?" He was like an expectant father pacing outside the delivery room. Seems he is very proud of the system and was eager to hear my reaction when I started the car. Over the phone, though, he could not see me grinning from ear to ear!

The big difference in performance was when I switched out the ECUs. HOLY SH*&T!!! It is like a whole different car now. This might sound funny, but instead of feeling like you are being pushed ahead by the rear wheels, it now feels like you are being sucked forward by a vacuum. The car feels MUCH faster.

I highly recommend the upgrade.

Say hi to my buds up in the rainy NW!

Russ

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Russ,

Please keep posting about the mods after you've had a little more driving time.

5. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I think you need an objective, third party evaluation of your new setup. Seeing as though I live right across the bay from you, I'm willing to volunteer some time to confirm your findings. ;)

-R

6. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Tell us more about the ECU change.

7. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Sorry for the delay posting the pics. You can see the before and after photos of the carbon fiber, exhaust and challenge grill updates by going to Tracey's photo web page at http://www.tabville.com/gallery/spider

She was kind enough to take the time to stop and take pictures while all I could focus on playing with all the new toys!!! Now that all the goodies are on the car I can honestly say it was all worth it. The car feels like MINE. It sounds better, is faster and looks more like I think the car should look (IMHO!!!)

Russ

8. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Russ, thanks for sharing. Nice project.

9. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    can't believe it did so much in speed and pickup speed. The 9000RPM would scare me a little.

Glad you like it and glad you went with Ehiko from HG Parts.

10. Jeru

Jeru Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    If you don't mind my asking what did you pay for the exhaust and Challenge Grill?

I am looking for both for my Modena. The best price I found for the Grill is $890.00

11. Jeru

Jeru Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Get the car Dynoed!

12. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Jeru - Heiko at HG Parts (an Fchat sponsor) sold me the grill and exhaust. His prices INCLUDING shipping from Germany are lower than anything in the US, AND he has Capristo. Trust me man, the Capristo with test pipes is to DIE for.

Russ