UK Ride Out DVD Arrived! | FerrariChat

UK Ride Out DVD Arrived!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by darhart, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darhart

darhart Rookie

Nov 8, 2003
    london
    Full Name:
    darren
    Got in from work this evening and found an interesting brown Jiffy bag on the mat, turns out its the UK Ride Out DVD!!! Fantastic. Cheers for sorting that out Paul. Such a shame we got separated from the main group, still managed to get some of our, "Lost Boy's" footage in there. :)

2. Bukem

Bukem Karting

Sep 27, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ben M
    Echo Darhart's comments - top job Paul - thanks a lot. Some great footage - mainly of you accelerating away from Graham's TVR!

I'd like to start a web-based big round of applause for Paul for all of his hard work on this - a nicely put together piece, and a very kind gesture to distribute it to all who attended! Good on ya. (I think there's a few free beers coming your way if you make it on the 12th).

Ben.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Got mine too.Thanks ,Paul.

4. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Thanks guys - glad you finally got it and enjoyed it. It's not obvious, so when you watch it and think it's finished, let it play out for a few more seconds, there's some footage of the Pistonhead crowd at Bruntingthorpe on there.

It could (and should) have been much better, but the footage was relatively poor - I got no footage from my car at all! Memo to self, don't bother trying to camcord a ride-out if you're the one in front!! Credit to my little bro for trying to do a 180 in his seat to record people behind, but it was just too shaky and ended up being cut.

I'm just glad we had Darren's footage and I gave my camera to the TVR bloke!

5. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Paul - got the DVD yesterday - awesome, thank you!

Best quote had to be by TVR dudes excited passenger

'What a f&*king burn..(then, in a slightly meeker voice) don't f&*king crash!)'

Probably a good thing that the video of the motorbike incident didn't appear!

6. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Completely agree! Very funny :) I've had a fair few e-mails about it actually!

In fact, I don't feel we should deprive those who couldn't make it of that clip, so I've made a short wmv of it, which those who don't have the DVD can see here:

http://paul.dvdsontap.com/ukrideclip.wmv

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Paul,

I their any way possible to buy copy of this DVD. The short piece you showed is great.. The 360 has great noise.

8. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Hi

Sorry, I hate to disappoint but the DVD is only for those who attended the ride-out, the reason being that if people outside the group were seeing it, I'd have to re-edit to hide numberplates, for obvious reasons - and that's a lot of work. The people who currently have it, have a vested interest in making sure the wrong people don't get to see it if you see what I mean. Perhaps a lawyer here can clarify - perhaps I'm worrying about nothing?

It also acts as an incentive for ppl to drag their backsides out of bed and attend these rideouts, though I can't talk having failed to turn up for the last two ;)

9. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Paul, I understand especially if the police found out. I have done videos with my mates the same way. Its a shame the ride outs are all in the south and not closer to home, like where I live in North Licolnshire.
    Thanks anyway for the reply.

10. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    That's a great clip.

Agree with you about the distribution although I wouldn't mind a copy myself !!

Its an incentive to attend the next one.

I just want to go out and drive now ..........

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Paul,
    is that my car or yours burning up the road? it sounds distinctly Tubi....

12. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    It's mine, pre-Tubi believe it or not!

Cheers
    Paul

13. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Cheers Paul,

Had a laugh at the TVR guy, remember him trying to out burn me, this is at the section that i make my getaway up the inside lane, "opps" !! ( is that illegal ).

Im sure i read in the good old highway code that if the traffic in the outside lane cannot go as fast as you, you may overtake on the nearside??? (Did in my Highway Code Officer).

Joe :)

14. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I'm jealous :(

Great clip ... the TVR guy is pi$$ing himself with excitment and the whole f-car exprerince !!!

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    paul,
    are you sure???? i reackon that's mine!

16. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Definitely mine, I recognise myself :)

Not very clear on the little clip that I posted (had to compress a great deal) but if you look on the DVD (timecode: 11min18sec), you can see the reg plate

Cheers
    Paul

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    i know it's your car! i was talking about the screaming engine note ......

18. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    LOL! Too funny - I thought you'd lost your marbles - coz I just realised you've got a 355, not a 360! :)

When the TVR's right next to me, it's my engine making the noise, though after that, through the roundabout - definitely yours!

Cheers
    Paul

19. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Paul/Tony

mine is heard at its best as i leave the Little Cheff closely followed by Simons 355 tubi.......

Paul I do believe yours is somewhat clearer now???

And Tonys is just "foooking awesome sounding" the 355 has those high pitched howling notes at high RPM.

The 360 lump is more "grunty"

I love both!!!!!!!!! Ive heard the Capristo Exhaust is nice tho, however pics of this thing looks like some loony Italian was let loose to make a tubi in this dinner hour!!!!!!! its down right UGLY LOOKING.

20. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Paul

Many thanks for the DVD - You went to a lot of trouble to make it and the result is top class.

James

21. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Hello to phubarr...

The rest of you - don't even ask...

22. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003