We have sun but no hills. | FerrariChat

We have sun but no hills.

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Russ Birch, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Hey you guys up in Seattle! Figured I would say hi and let you know that exhaust, test pipes and ECUs are in the 360 and MAN what a difference!!! Feels like there is a blower on the car. The sound is beyond words. At 9000rpm the F1 shifts in the blink of an eye and the power snaps your head back in the seat. The best money I have ever spent on a car.

Although we have more sun down here, we have no hills. I have been gone only a week and already REALLY miss the driving roads up there!

Russ
    Florida

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hi Russ,
    sorry I missed your visit to Seattle.........I have a buddy in school at Nova Southeastern in Fort Lauderdale. Is that close to you? I'll be visiting him in the near future.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Hey Russ,

I think I'd trade your (warm) sun for our hills right about now. It's currently 37 degrees. Anyhow, congrats on your new set up. Capristo, right? Keep us updated on its performance and reliability as I know others on here are looking to upgrade their exhaust systems. Come back and visit anytime.

4. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Definitely could use a little warmth right about now.........never thought I'd say this, but I looking forward to Fresno again!!:)

5. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Kuzi, Ft Lauderdale is about 3.5 hours from here. I am in Clearwater which is over near Tampa on FL's west coast.

If you ever get in this area, look me up.

Russ

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Russ, It was nice seeing you guys at the lunch doing the drive!

Yes- please let us know what you have done to your car as far as the brand of exhaust and the chips you used.

7. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Gary, the exhaust is a Capristo. I got it along with the polished, silenced test pipes and ECUs from Heiko of HG Parts. He is an Fchat sponsor. He was great to work with and I can highly recommend doing the same mods. All said, it was a lot of money but in the grand scheme of things its only 4 percent of the cost of the car. I feel like I now have 50% more car. Well worth it!

Russ

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Russ, very cool mods, I hope you get an opportunity to put your car on the dyno and confirm what your "seat of the pants" is telling you...This sure sounds like a worthwhile mod.

Dave

9. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Dave, I will be posting some before and after pics on Wednesday. I also redid the entire interior in carbon fiber. Anything that was silver got taken out and replaced with CF. That in and of itself took 12 hours. Now that I have done it once, I could probably do it in 4. I think it looks great and Tracey can't stop grinning. (She likes it even more than I do.)

10. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    russ, would you mind emailing pics of your cf interior trim? it sounds like something i might want to do..........were the pieces from tubi??

thanks in advance

11. Russ Birch

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Sorry for the delay posting the pics. You can see the before and after photos of the carbon fiber, exhaust and challenge grill updates by going to Tracey's photo web page at http://www.tabville.com/gallery/spider

She was kind enough to take the time to stop and take pictures while all I could focus on playing with all the new toys!!! Now that all the goodies are on the car I can honestly say it was all worth it. The car feels like MINE. It sounds better, is much faster and looks more like I think the car should look (IMHO!!!)

Russ