PPI in Dallas area??? | FerrariChat

PPI in Dallas area???

Discussion in 'Texas' started by M.James, Dec 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I'm looking to have a PPI done for a 308 QV near the Dallas area, and Ferrari of Dallas won't return my phone calls (NO, I've never done business there....I guess 308s aren't worth their time).

Anyone know someone I can call and schedule an appointment?

Thanks in advance.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  3. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Thanks, Rob. I'll call them tomorrow.

M J

4. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
  5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    No offense to any other options, but Norwood is the place to go!

6. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dallas Autosport - Excellent all around, work on my 330 2+2, I've seen lots of V8 Ferraris there. Ask for Tim Taylor.

214-320-2228

7. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Tim Taylor lives across the street from my college roomate.

8. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I got my 308 PPI'd at Norwoods two years ago.

9. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I saw a post on Fchat about a year ago from a member who had just stopped in to look at Dallas Autosport and was favorably impressed. When my 330 2+2 arrived from Cal. in early March it needed an inspection sticker and some additional work. I live in the Lakewood area so Dallas Autosport, which is on Garland Road, a little south of Buckner, was very convenient so I took it there - going out to Norwood is a major expedition comparitively. Tim and staff finished the needed work and have helped me with a lot with my car. Dallas Autosport is totally first class and I plan to use them as my permanent shop for my Ferrari or any other classic car I may acquire in the future.. They recently brought in a new man, Greg Johnson, who was with Bob Norwood for several years. He knows Ferraris of all eras very well and is a very pleasant and friendly guy to work with. I consider Dallas Autosport to be kind of a "well kept secret" at this time compared to the more well known shops such as Norwood.

My praise of Dallas Auto isn't meant to take anything away from Norwood. I contacted them when I first started looking for a Ferrari in
    January 2002. James Patterson went out of his way to spend a long time advising me. I had additional conversations with him before I purchased my car and he was always friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to take my car there. In my opinion their reputation is well earned.