Anyone drive the Saleen S7 | FerrariChat

Anyone drive the Saleen S7

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by RacerNika, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Just curious - I need other opinions

For $395,000 US would you consider it?

No traction control and no ABS........as a professional driver would you need that?

Thanks gentlemen

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

Nope, never driven it. And the Ford GT is similar American muscle at less than half the price.

3. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    SOON!!

I'll be going to Asia this coming January and a friend of mine recently bought one. I've been promised a romp when I get there.

Would I consider one? No. I think there is better ways to spend 400k USD as for selection. Then again, I'm a vintage car nut, so I'm not sure I count. :)

Cheers

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

For the average driver, no traction control, etc. means that sooner, rather than later, if they try to drive quickly, they'll end up off the road. There is a reason these high dollar cars have traction control, etc. The people who buy them, for the most part, can't drive them at anywhere near the limit. Those that try, usually end up with a substantial repair bill.

Art-

5. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wouldn't even think about it for one second. I respect Steve Saleen and I know it's a cool car, but for $395K, you could get a fantastic F40 with spares, mods and have money left over.

The S-7 seems almost "kit-car-ish" to me.

6. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Nika,
    I have been pushed in one...does that count? We had the one that was used in Bruce Almighty for the San Jose Car show last year, and I was pushed out of the convention center on the the flat bed.! Yeah the fun..

We have sold one....and we have two more on order for customers. Email me and I can give you an offline account.

R

7. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe

redhead - do you work at Galpin??

8. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    nope, Work in Northern California at Bentley Silicon Valley, or Silicon Valley Auto Group, aka...The Old Ferrari of Los Gatos.

9. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ok - thanks. I thought I saw the Bruce Almighty S7 in a Galpin ad...

You work at a very cool place though - congrats.

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    You guys have received a Ferrari Enzo ( Rosso Corsa) not to long ago ,right? Do you still have the F50 (Giallo Modena)? I could be wrong..

11. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Yes
    Yes and
    No, you're not wrong.

The S7 that was in the movie was one of the first street versions. The one that we have delivered had a slightly different interior on it. Not big changes, but you could tell the BA car was thrown together. As well, you could tell that car had been in more then one set of hands. It was pretty worn on the kick panels inside.

12. tiggs

tiggs Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    I think that BA car was the test development mule of one of the Saleen Engineers. I think I remember the Saleen Engineer talking about the car at the Italian Concorso a couple years ago where he said he was driving it to work and back everyday.