Boxer wheels and interior ? | FerrariChat

Boxer wheels and interior ?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by charliek, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Originally Posted by JOEL D.
    Coingratulations on the Boxer, they are great. I have always been told that it does no good to run the engine a short time over the winter. This is because things heat up and cool down causing condensation, also something about the temp changes not being good for certain metal sin the engine. This advice came from Algar in Philly. I have never seen a boxer w/o eared spinners. It was my understanding that the octagonal non-eared spinners were from early TR's.

I think it is best to either drive it or not. If you drive it, run it long enough for everything to get to operating temps at least. You mentioned you needed a grill ornament? Do you mean the horse or the "BB512" script on the back?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got the original wheels, tires and spinners for my car, it definitely came with octagonal spinners because I have the matching wrench in the tool kit. Is this really that unusual? I thought I had heard that depending on what country the car was intended for it could get non eared spinners. What sticks in my mind is cars for Belgium, am I crazy? Also I was wondering what the headliner material normally is made of? I was told my car was special ordered with leather headliner. I dont know if this is unusual because I never took notice before. What do you guys think?Thanks
    Charlie

2. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    It may be true with the spinners, who knows? It is certainly a Ferrari item and they sometimes took a "parts bin " approach back int he day. I am sure however, that a leather headliner was an option on BB's, so tha is great, I would love that! Also, I would love to have the set of luggage that was available.....just keep searching!

Boxers are great, they get **** on in some circles but they have great cache where it counts..... in Ferrari circles. Plus, you never, ever run into 6 Boxers in one place!

3. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Joel,Thanks for the reply. By the way what is the matching luggage, a wallet? Ha, The only thing I have been able to fit in the luggage compartment is a bag of MM's, they turned into one large MM after a fifteen minute ride. I agree with you about the Boxer, I love driving it and just gazing at it with tears of joy. My friends who always think my choice of cars is nuts ate their words without water when they saw it.
    I guess this is the case until it breaks, but until that time the sound of those 12 cylinders resonating out of those Tubis is sooo sweet.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    CharlieK, if you need the decal for the inside of the windshield which gives the TRX tire info, I have some. Shoot me an email.

5. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    Charlie,

I'm in Boston so keep intouch come spring I try to get to as many events as possible and would love to see the BB sometime.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I have a 1982 Belgium spec BB512i . Belgium spec Boxers all came with the octagon wheel nuts . You can see what cars came with octagon and what cars came with earred wheel nuts in the parts manual at www.owners.ferrari.com . It seems that a lot of countries including Belgium and the USA prohibit the earred wheel nuts for safety reasons ? I also have the two piece luggage set for my Boxer and they look great. They hold a lot more than you think and fit in the front bonnet perfectly.

7. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I would love to get my hands on set of luggage, sounds great. I got on web site you suggested but could not find the info on wheel nuts. Thanks for your info.
    Charlie

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I found my luggage set by running a "Parts Wanted" ad in the Ferrari Market Letter. I received several calls from people who had them for sale. As to the wheel nuts, I was wrong. That info is listed in the blue hard cover Parts Manual I bought from TRutlands.

9. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Thanks, I will place an ad for the luggage and also radio that I need. How long ago did you run that ad and what do you think a fair price would be for the luggage?

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I paid $1000 for my Boxer luggage set which looked brand new and came with the original cloth covers.

11. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    Sell me your luggage!!!!!!! I'll give you young child, good worker!!