Texas Chilli------------ | FerrariChat

Texas Chilli------------

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tonyh, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    A Texas Chilli Contest - If you can read this whole story without laughing then there's no hope for you.

Note: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of the third judge is even better. For those of you who have lived in Texas, you know how true this is. They actually have a Chilli Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of the parking lot at the city park.

The notes are from an inexperienced Chilli taster named Frank, who was

visiting from Canada.

Frank: "Recently, I was honoured to be selected as a judge at a chilli cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chilli wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted".

Here are the scorecards from the advent: (Frank is Judge #3)

Chilli # 1 Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chilli ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Judge # 1 - A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick. Judge # 2 - Nice, smooth tomato flavour. Very mild. Judge # 3 - Holy sh*t, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

Chilli # 2 Arthur's Afterburner Chilli ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang. Judge # 2
    - Exciting BBQ flavour, needs more peppers to be taken seriously. Judge # 3 - Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich manoeuvre. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

Chilli # 3 Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - Excellent firehouse chilli. Great kick. Needs more beans. Judge # 2 - A beanless chilli, a bit salty, good use of peppers. Judge # 3 - Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting sh*t-faced from all of the beer.

Chilli # 4 Bubba's Black Magic
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - Black bean chilli with almost no spice. Disappointing. Judge

# 2 - Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chilli. Judge # 3 - I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300lb barmaid is starting to look HOT....just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chilli an aphrodisiac?

Chilli # 5 Linda's Legal Lip Remover ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - Meaty, strong chilli. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive. Judge # 2 - Chilli using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement. Judge # 3 - My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I broke wind and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when

I told her that her chilli had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Scr*w those rednecks.

Chilli # 6 Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chilli. Good balance of spices and peppers. Judge # 2 - The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb. Judge # 3 - My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulphuric flames. I sh*t myself when I f*rted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. She must be kinkier than I thought. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my a*s with a snow cone.

Chili # 7 Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - A mediocre chilli with too much reliance on canned peppers. Judge # 2 - Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chilli peppers at the last moment. I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably. Judge # 3 - You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost the sight in one eye, the world sounds like it is made of rushing water, my shirt is covered with chilli which slid unnoticed out of my mouth and my pants are full of lava like sh*t to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it. I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air,

I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8 Tommy's Toe-Nail Curling Chili ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Judge # 1 - The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chilli. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence. Judge # 2 - This final entry is a good, balance chilli. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 f*rted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chilli pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fell, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chilli.

2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    LMAOOOOOO!!! I am a big fan of hot chilli or any hot food and I know exactly how that guy feels. The hotter the better but then again there is a point where you feel like your not even eating food and more like your poisoning yourself. Any other hot food jinkies around?

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sounds like a typical cook off weekend to me!

I'll let ya'll know of the next one. The BBQ cook off at the Rodeo is in February sometime. I'll check the dates. They build a small city to hold all the parties. I'll send photos!

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Under no circumstances can you put beans in chili and call it Texas Chili. Only worthless no account Okies and other posers put beans in chili...

BTW, funny joke. But actually the better chili is not that hot. However, I'm not sure that all the items that some cooks add to thier chili has been approved by the FDA.

DrTax

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Check out this hot sauce. Supposedly it's the hottest out right now. It's the on the top called Caldera. The top of the bottle is a 24k gold skull. Not sure if I would like to try that.

http://www.sweatnspice.com/Top%20Sauces.htm

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Jesus! That's making me sweat just looking at it....can this stuff really be over 4600 times stronger than Tabassco sauce???

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Holy cow, I fell out of my chair! That is too funny. :)

8. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    If you can make it to the Terlingua Chili Cook-0ff down by the big bend of Texas, you will experience the best there is in this kind of competition. Several hundred entries and wonderful recipes. It would make for a good road trip. Just bring plenty of beer and tequila.

9. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Man I would hate to be the Portapotty service guy at that thing!

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Sounds to me like they only tasted the mild stuff. I've seen Texas Chilli made with Habenaros and bird pepers!

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol

I have seen this before, read it again, and still laughed! :-D

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003