Stradale: Average waiting time to buy a Stradale at dealer | FerrariChat

Stradale: Average waiting time to buy a Stradale at dealer

Discussion in '360/430' started by loungedog, Dec 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I was wondering what the average time someone with a good relationship with their Ferrari dealer waits for a new 360 CS or a 360 spyder?

It looks like the waiting times of these cars have come down considerably. ie 360 spyders down from two years to 6 months.

What are some of the mark-ups being paid by people for the Stradale? I have seen that spyders with a list of around $180,000 go anywhere between $200,000 to $250,000 on the secondary market.

I have looked by searching old posts but the only one I see is the one today where someone is willing to pay $215,000 for a new 2004 Stradale.

Any personal experiances would be helpfull.

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    From what I have heard the production run is sold out and no further orders are taken.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    my understanding also is that the run is sold out. some dealers will "add you to the list", but i don't see how it's not sold out.

remember, they're purportedly only making 900 stradales worldwide. they made 400 enzos, for comparison.

if 25% of production comes to NA that's 225 across 30 or so dealers, that's 7 or so cars per dealer.

i find it difficult to believe there are allocations still available.

game over. missed the boat on that one. pick another model or hit the secondary market.

doody.

4. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    don't know where you are, loungedoc, but deliveries in NA have already started. my dealer has delivered two thus far; some board members here have received their cars.

the 900 number has been "floating around". i don't honestly recall the source. my recollection is simply that between the start of production of the 360CS and the end of Modena production altogether for the switchover to whatever is replacing it, they can get about 900 built. it wasn't an issue of limiting production, just that production will hit a brick wall (of time) at some point when the factory line stops building modenas and retools for the 420 or whatever it is.

nobody seems to know for sure when the last Modenas will be built.

doody.

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Excellent answer Doody!

7. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    I spoke to Ferrari of Houston yesterday. They told me that only 300 CS's are coming to the states. No more orders are being taken and they can't fill what orders they already have in. They've delivered 2 or 3 so far. I saw a guy take delivery of a red one on Wednesday. Oh the sound!Absolutely intoxicating, even at idle.

8. f355

f355 Karting

Oct 5, 2002
    I have heard that Ferrari of ONtario is still taking orders for next summer delivery.

9. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Just curious, where can you get a 360 Spyder with a 6 month wait?

Gary

10. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    No, I'd have sworn it was announced that only 900 would be built and only about 1/3 of those (300) would come to the US. However, I cannot find where I saw that. The only thing I could find was this:

"Ferrari will be sending some 500 Challenge Stradales to the US and Canada over the next two years, ..." [Forza v48, Oct 2003]

But that would imply a lot more than 900 total (I'm sure FNA won't get more than half). So, I expect Forza's source was not official.

Brian

11. ntingle

ntingle Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick Tingle
    Just a couple of weeks ago Tonkin were still trying to find a home for a new one for $20k over MSRP. They only want to sell to someone in their region (OR) though.

12. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

In Fantasyland!

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Kinda what I was thinking. I haven't heard of any US dealer with as little as a 6 month wait for a coupe, much less a Spyder.

Gary

14. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I may be incorrect regarding 6 months on a sypder, I do not know first hand... I will talk to my dealer on this one.

With all the talk lately on waiting periods coming down on the 360's some have mentioned that 6 months was a more accurate time line. I guess money talks and.... walks when it comes down to it!

What have you heard regarding waiting periods for people who put down a deposit on a 360 Spyder?

15. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I may be mistaken but I dont think that waiting periods have come down on 360's. On the contrary, they are not taking any more orders as they have more than enough orders to take them through the entire remainder of the 360 production run. That is until the replacement is announced.

16. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

I hear its nine months in the UK from Maranello Sales Ltd, however im not positive unil i ask them directly.......

17. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    when i ordered a 360 in october, i still had an option on ordering a stradale. i choose not to. i think they will command a premium, but they are more of a race car as opposed to a street car. i saw them being made at the factory in may. they are very different cars than people think. they are very spartan and primative. for a racer they are excellent and can't be beat, but for the average ferrari driver, they will lose their novelty pretty quick. so far as price, expect to pay sticker from the dealer if new, on the secondary market, i think they will bring $15-20 k above sticker for the next several months and then drop to sticker. keep in mind, sticker is $193k, that's more than a spider.

18. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Most dealers won't take any more deposits. Most are about two years out on the waiting list and it is unlikely to be much longer than that before end of production for the 360.

Gary

19. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Looks like the line-ups are getting shorter. I spoke to my dealer and regarding 360 coupes, they are about 6 months out, I beleive he is only getting about 5 of them. They get about 25 spyders, most are already sold but there is availablity. The Stradale he said is sold out for the year, but he may be able to get a few extra in the summer of 04.

It seems that most people who can afford a 360 have ready purchased one over the last 4 years and the new Lambo Gallardo may have absorbed the over-flow of buyers in this category. I understand the Lambo dealer (personal discussion) has about 25 coupes for sale and he is sold out for 2004.

My dealer also has three used spyders in the show room with another three in the local papers for sale. The prices are going for just over list or list on 02 and 03's.

I have to believe that with Lambo taking 25 people (in any large city) in that sports car bracket that they will hurt Ferrari 360 sales (new and used) and some Porsche 996 tt sales (new). The issue of sales meeting demand may only get worse when Lambo comes out with the Gallardo Spyder in 05.

It looks like Ferrari has a more competition now with Lambo fighting hard to take sales away from the 360, Ford coming out with the GT, Aston Martin coming out with their V8 sports car etc. Interesting times!

20. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Who is the dealer you are referring to? If the coupe wait is only 6 months, I'll get another....

21. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Are you in Canada by any chance? In the US there aren't any spiders that are not accounted for. Either your dealer wants to use your deposit money or he just wants a larger list of people that will not take delivery. The run is sold out. Unless you are a VIP, a used one is the only option.