348 hood struts | FerrariChat

348 hood struts

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 308GTS, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Can 348 rear bonnet struts be crossed to one at Autozone? Does anyone have a #? If not I will take one down and see. I figure it is worth a try. Thanks.

2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    If you are talking about the struts for the engine cover, I don't think they will match up. I took one of mine to Checker and there was nothing available. I ordered them from Rockauto.com, and it worked out great.

-John

3. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    I bought struts for my 348 OEM from Sachs North America (Stabilus). Go to: www.sachsna.com They are the exact replacement part just without the Ferrari emblem.

I contacted them (the catalog is online) to get the part# and phone # for the local distributor. Mine were $25.31 each. Pep Boys sometimes carries the Sachs brand but probably won't have the correct part # in stock. Good luck

4. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Great. For $25 each I will just order them. I don't need them right away. Ok the part # I found is SG437007 for the rear engine bonnet struts and SG437001 for the glove box. Thanks Again.

5. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Just ordered a set for $25.31. Can't beat that price. Thanks Again for the help.

6. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    That glove box strut is a joke. What a pathetic design! I bought a new one from the dealer (about $45 as I recall) and it's too weak to keep the lid open properly! I think it's there just to make a fancy "whooshy" sound when you open. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Good info on the replacement engine lid struts, thanks!

7. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Ditto. I ordered the glove box strut when I changed my hood struts. The hood ones work great. The glove box is another story. I don't think it will ever work. It was worth a shot though.

-John