512TR aftermarket exhaust | FerrariChat

512TR aftermarket exhaust

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 429proto, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 429proto

429proto Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    Does anyone have a source for a high quality ss aftermarket exhaust system for a 512TR. We need the muffler and pipes from headers to muffler. We have priced Tubi and they are really expensive. Borla not available. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I don't know sources....but names often mentioned are:
    Stebro
    Ansa
    Capristo
    Time Valve

...and I'm sure a few more. Do you still have the original system and are simply upgrading? I am currently working on a custom exhaust for my TR and should have something pieced together soon. If I am successful, I'm thinking that it would make a great "do it yourself" install and remove about 70 pounds from the car.....the stock system is quite heavy. There would be no pre-cats or cat convertors....so off road only.

Good Luck on your search....I was going that route but decided to try on my own due to the outrageous expense involved.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    KOENIG.......WALTER IS A GREAT GUY AND MAKES A GREAT PRODUCT....SPEAKING GERMAN HELPS......WHERES MARTIN............???

4. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    hi

you have not manny exhaust systems when you like to have a good one with high quality and sound.

at the moment there is only Tubi or Fuchs the rest is not really a option

in the future there will be also a Capristo for that car

Heiko
    HGParts
    Sponsor of FerrariChat
    email: [email protected]
    Webshop: http://stores.andale.com/hgparts

5. oporto328

oporto328 Karting

Sep 3, 2002
    Oporto - Portugal
    Full Name:
    André Ferreira Costa
    About a month ago I've heard 2 512 tr's with Tubi's in a concentration at Estoril (Portugal) and I thought the sound would be great. But it really wasn't spectacular. They were surprisingly very silent. The 360's modenas with oem exhausts were louder. I think if I had a 512tr I'd consider the japanese exhausts. (Ms racing or Kreissieg). If you search Kreissieg.com I think you'll even Find 2 512tr videos and more with tr. It's really a F1 sound.

6. bazzis

bazzis Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Sarratt, Herts
    On my 512TR I replaced the cats with Tubi pipes, and then had the standard muffler 'gutted',and just one pipe from inlet to outlet, if you understand me!!I thought it might be too loud, however it really only starts to howl above 3.5/4K revs,at idle its almost the same as standard. I will now start to think of something more drastic! to get that 360 sound!.