Very Large High-End Auto Meet in Jacksonville Sat. 12/6... | FerrariChat

Very Large High-End Auto Meet in Jacksonville Sat. 12/6...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Accomplice, Dec 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Accomplice

Accomplice Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    This Saturday the 6th at 3:30PM there will be a high-end car meet in Jacksonville Beach, FL. It started out as a small meet of turbo 996 Porsche owners and has grown rapidly over the week with commitments from 30+ high-end auto owners. We'd like to have more Ferraris in attendance. This is the list so far:

PORSCHE:
    ‘04 C2 Cup Aerokit II
    GT3
    996TT
    996TT
    GT2
    GT2
    ‘04 C4S
    996 Carrera Cabriolet
    ‘86 911
    ‘02 996 C2 (?)
    996TT? (?)

MERCEDES-BENZ
    ‘02 C32 AMG (me)
    C32 AMG
    RENNTech or Mocha SL55

FERRARI:
    Ferrari 550 Maranello
    Ferrari ENZO (?)
    Ferrari Modena 360 (?)

BMW
    M3
    Dinan 330

OTHERS:
    98 Lamborghini Diablo VT SC 730 HP
    Acura NSXs (5)
    Dodge Vipers (4)
    MKIV Toyota Supra
    MKIV Toyota Supra 680RWHP
    Mazda RX7 550+HP (?)
    03 Aston Martin Vanquish (?)
    Diablo (yr?)
    2003 Lotus Esprit

(?) Unconfirmed attendance

The meet will take place at the Hooters of Ponte Vedra (to view a map online input the address: 4106 South 3rd Street, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 904-247-0600). From I95 take J Turner Butler Blvd. (exit located 3-5 miles south of downtown) go East (7-9 miles) until it ends. The Hooters is in the retail plaza north of JTB. The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is located about 5 minutes from Hooters and offers oceanfront accommodations with covered parking (parking garage). Toll Free: (800) 234-7842, Telephone: (904) 285-1111, Facsimile: (904) 285-2111 Ponte Vedra Beach Resorts 200 Ponte Vedra Boulevard Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida 32082. I hope some of you will be able to attend.

Kevin

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    At "Hooters" ??

The event takes high class cars and puts them at a low class venue...

3. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Oh please!!

It has ample space for this number of cars and this eliminates the usual "entrance fee" which some of the "high end" venues charge. The most important aspect for any gathering is enjoying meeting new people and seeing nice cars.

4. Accomplice

Accomplice Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Enzomoon hit the nail on the head. Its just a casual and very informal meeting that came together in a short period of time. It about the people and their common interest in certain autos. The available parking is outstanding at this particular location.

Kevin

5. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    yeah, and a few good looking girls won't hurt things :)

6. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I'm siding with Mike on this one. Not all "high class" venues have charges. Places like Hooters seem to attract the bling-bling and Joe Six-Pack types. I don't go to events at Hooters. I'm all for meeting new car nuts, but not at places like Hooters. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I try to have respect for women, especially my wife.

7. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    no one says you have to go inside? go to the lot to look at the cars. I would rather talk to the joe six pack guy then some other guy not interested in cars. A few years back people loved to go to meets at this guys house in Texas, it was the thing to do, they later found out he was stealing from dead people.

8. Accomplice

Accomplice Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Its going to be a fun time. I plan to respect everybody I see at car meets regardless of sex or venue. Hopefully you guys will reconsider and make it out.

Kevin

PS You guys do know that Hooters is just a sports bar / eatery and not a strip club, right?

9. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Vince:

I would rather talk to a "joe six-pack" than most of the superficial FCA members I have run into. I no longer even attend FCA events as I find the social B.S. most unappealing. It is nice to see a guy's face light up in true appreciation for your car and to share something with someone else who may not be as fortunate. I don't care less where that interaction takes place.

10. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Most of the Joe SixPacks I casually (unintentionally) run into around here have zero respect for someone else's property. People I meet at a dedicated car show have been nice.

I agree completely which is why I enjoy going to a lot of car shows, and having fun drooling over everyone else's ride, too.

As far as being "fortunate" to own what I do, I worked my butt off for it. To me, "Fortunate" implies luck. My "luck" was preparedness meeting opportunity.

11. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

I never said or implied "luck". Nevertheless, I know people who also work quite hard who never are able to afford a $160,000 auto. I am sure you do as well.

12. Accomplice

Accomplice Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Enzomoon,

It was great meeting you. Your 512 is stellar. We all appreciated the spirited run up the JTB ramp by the way. :) It looks like the next big meet may be in March. We're trying to make arrangements to have a scenic drive through The Ocala National Rain Forest followed by lunch and some spirited driving at Brumos' Porsche driving school/ road course facility near Gainesville.

Between now and March we'll likely have some rolling meets in the evenings with the local Viper and 996 turbo owners. I'll be in touch with you about those as they come up.

Kevin

13. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Kevin:

It was nice to meet you as well. Hopefully, there will be more Ferraris there next time. Glad you enjoyed hearing her at 7,500rpm!! Give me a "heads up" and I will notify other local Ferrari owners. Again, congrats on your new C32 AMG!

Regards,

Mark