[FCA DFW] Monthly Outing - Monday, December 8th @TBC... | FerrariChat

[FCA DFW] Monthly Outing - Monday, December 8th @TBC...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Dec 9 Second Tuesdays Gathering @TBC Karting 6pm. To get general information please contact Rob Lay at [email protected] or 817-874-1963.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I think I'm going to make this one.

3. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I think I can't make this one yet.
    Enjoy, guys!

Yoshi Ace

4. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    i will be there.

5. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I will try to make this one.

6. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    It depends on my job...not sure if I will be in town or not.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Well, some bad news, suprise! ...

Hello Rob,
    I hope everything is going well for you. I wanted to give you a heads up that we have completely sold out Tuesday 9th as well as the 16th with major holiday corporate events....As of 5 pm yesterday, we added three additional events to this upcoming Tuesday (totaling 5 events for that day) and they are exclusive track rentals at $1000+ per hour.

Is it possible for you all to come out on Mondays? We are wide open on both the 8th and the 15th and from our arrive and drive crowds, I am confident you all pretty much will have carte blanche to race at your leisure both nights. Also, we are offering $10 a race rate for the entire month of December and January. So any night you come in, you can recieve the rate....

I apologize for the inconvenience and wish we could accommodate you all but the exclusive track rentals do take priority. Let me know if you all can perhaps come in on Monday the 8th or 15 as they are retty much the only open dates this month - until after Christmas...

Let me know.
    Greg Griffin - Sales & Sponsorship Manager

What does everyone want to do? Change it to Monday the 8th or 15th or go somewhere else on the 9th?

What do we want to do moving forward, looks like we'll always be 2nd priority to large groups. I'll see if Mondays or any other times never get large groups so we won't have this problem.

Please give me your feedback, I need to make a decision by this afternoon, I'll be sending an FCA email out tonight. Thanks.

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I don't have a preference and am free either Monday.

9. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

makes no diff to me. I like their carts better than anywhere else we've been.

10. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Monday should be fine. At least they told us before we got there this time.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, Monday the 8th it is. Greg says there are no companies, so we should have the place to ourselves. We'll try to be on the track by 7, so I'll be there right after 6 for a beer and grub and chat.

12. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    This Monday?
    Is that enough time to let everyone know of the change?
    Or is this just a Fchat event?

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It's a FCA event. I just sent an email to all FCA members. Should be OK, 95% of everyone that comes are FC anyway.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've had a couple from the FCA side inquire. I would guess at minimum the turnout we had last time. Supposedly there's no one else there tonight, so we should get on and off quickly.

Be nice to the new people. :) If I can be nice to Porsche people for an entire weekend, then we can be nice to our own people for one night.

BTW, I'm telling myself this and not anyone else. :D

15. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I didn't make last month, is there still food there or do I need to eat before I arrive?

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    They had the bar and food (not BBQ anymore) last time, but there was a large group there, I have no idea if they will tonight, probably not because it's a Monday, but we'll see.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If I counted right, we had 7 drivers total. Welcome to new member Marc(k). He has a beautiful black 348. No one else was there, so we had the tracks to ourselves. There was a Panoz mechanic there (I heard they were getting help from Panoz last time) who had just started. Shouldn't be long now before all the karts are up to snuff. The timing systems were mostly all down and they didn't charge the karts until after we got there. My first session I went through 3 karts as they kept running out of juice.

With sales communicating with me last week and the Panoz mechanic now taking care of the karts I think things are improving.

We'll start doing this the second Monday of each month at 6:30pm.

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I had a great time last night, I got the same cart for all 3 races. The cart itself was a POS, the entire steering rack was loose and it affected the throttle, the steering wheel itself had a palm sized chunk out of it, and the side pods were held on by bungie cords. But it was fast. It was great fun being behind you guys just waiting for you to make a mistake so I could pass. I'm still chuckling about my last pass of Jano, he knew what I was going to do to get around him and I still did it! I've never taken that back left hand corner faster than I did last night.

Now I've just jinxed myself to 3 crappy carts next time.

19. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I was planning on coming, but wife had a meeting so I had baby duty...literally.

20. wesleyd

wesleyd Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Sorry I missed it. I was out of town over the weekend, and did not check the thread till today. I had another commitment for Monday night anyway. Will look forward to next years events.