330P4 by Jouet | FerrariChat

330P4 by Jouet

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jimpo1, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I was in a hobby store at lunch and tripped across a 330P4 by Jouet. They also had a 412P, a 250GT, and the later model (64?) GTO. The P4 is cool, the front and rear clips come off instead of just being hinged. It has the correct gold knock off wheels, etc. I didn't even know these existed.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I think I have all the models you mention. There are even two versions of the P4: One as a berlinetta and one as a spider (if those are correct terms for a P4).

3. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #3 AJS328, Dec 5, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jim,

I have two of the models that you mentioned above. They were built by Jouef Evolution back in the early 90's. This company eventually became Eagles Race, if I'm not mistaken. I wish I still had the red 330 P4 because it really did look great. If you can buy these still, I would do it. I imagine that they are pretty rare these days. Here is a photo with my 250 GT SWB and 412P from Jouef.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Dear jimpo1: How much did you pay for those models?

5. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Gus, they had another red 330P4 if you want it. It was $40 + tax. I can try to go pick it up next week.

rr, the Jouet's ranged from $25 for the silver 250 to $40 for the P4.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's a good price! I don't recall what the price was when new.

I have the red spider and coupe, they also issued, which I have, the white/blue NART, a green Piper edition, and a yellow/blue wheel version.
    Seems like all three Daytona cars were available.

Good Hunting! I'll post a photo of mine sometime. Check Exoto or EWA.

7. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Jouef also made 1/43 Ferrari models. They include the 330P4, 250 GT, 308 Michelotto and a couple of others that I can't remember. They came in two flavours, regular and high detail. The high detail versions are the ones to collect, the front and rear ends open to reveal the intricate engine and the doors open as well. They were made with over 90 parts!

8. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

These models that you mentioned are quite rare from what one web page has posted. I have the 250 GT SWB in Red, Silver #14 and the NART #147. There is a difference in the models due to the time they were made. The silver #14 that I have was made in Italy by Jouef Evo. the Red, and Blue N.A.R.T versions were made later in the 90's by Universal Hobbies in China. look at the front under Carriage for the difference. Here is a link to the models and what some one thinks they are worth.

http://www.maxpages.com/raremodelcars/Rare_Ferrari_Models

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Jim,

Was it simply the red car with gold wheels or did it have racing numbers on it? I love the plain red car. Let me know if you go back. I'd be a player for it if they still have it. :)

-Augustine

10. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I has the racing numbers, number 223 as I recall. I keep my cars at work so can't check it at the moment. It is also 'topless'. I can go get it if you're interested, the store is close to my office. Let me know.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Damn, after looking at that site, I may need to get an insurance rider.
    I've been building my 1/18 collection for years, and if they are all worth that much, I could trade for a newer Fcar!