Aston DB9 | FerrariChat

Aston DB9

Discussion in 'British' started by enzoz, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What do you guys think of it? This is my favorite AM yet!

It's based of a new platform and features a 450bhp six liter V12 with paddle shift automatic or a standard manual transmission. Love the way the doors open on this new 2+2 coupe.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=117&i=7254

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

I was never a fan of the Aston Martin nose with that nasty grill. * yuck *

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I like it. But AM needs to be careful that they don't water-down their designs too much. All of their cars in the last 5 years look pretty similar, and they need to start to differentiate between the models more distinctively (in my opinion). Other than that, I really like the DB9.

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i have a db7 vantage and love it. i imagine the db9 will be a better car. the only concern i have is the one voiced above, all of the astons are starting to look similar, no skin of my back becuase the subtle change helps my car still look fresh. but i think aston might be adversely affecting their own sales, especially of the vanquish, if they aren't careful.

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Agree that they are poaching Vanquish sales with the similar-looking DB9. It's got great lines, but I think the AMV8 will be better looking. Can't wait to see that one in the flesh.

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM

That grill is classic!!!....I love that grill on the old Aston's and the new. I like this new car. I do agree what happens to the Vanquish though being styles are getting closer.

7. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i am interested to see the amv8 as well, however, i think it will be a long time before we see one. when i enquired with my dealership about putting down a deposit, they were taking them but told me the project had been postponed. aston martin pushed off the "official" introduction until fall of 2004 with a 2006 model most likely, however the car would be here until late 2005 or early 2006. aston martin is a small company and can change direction very quickly, but this really surprised me based on all the marketing materials they have sent me regarding the car.

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Love Astons-Had a '79 V8 Vantage.
    DB9 looks great!
    Agree with comments re: sameness.

9. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I think it looks amazing inside and out. The interior puts the Vanquish to shame. If I remember correctly, the DB9 has a better HP/Weight ratio than the Vanquish as well. I can't see why anyone would buy the current Vanquish over the DB9.

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Only remaining reasons to buy a Vanquish...
    V12 bragging rights.
    V12 on full song.
    Bond car (but don't all Astons count?)

To some it's worth the premium, I guess.

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the db9 has a v12 as well. it produces 450 hp, i can't recall what the vanquish produces (i think 445 hp, but i am not certain), while the current vantage produces 425 hp (the gt is up to 435 hp). to me, it seems the vanquish has priced itself out of the market. i love the vanquish and think people will still buy them, but i bet aston martin will see the vanquishes sales cannabalised by the db9.

12. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~

http://www.astonmartins.com/index2.html

Cool site that has helped me learn all the differences between the cars.

R