Best Hobby store in town! | FerrariChat

Best Hobby store in town!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Rob mentioned this place in an off topic discussion a few months ago, but I just went to Wild Bills hobby store for the first time at lunch today. WOW! The most 1/18 cars I've ever seen, anywhere. I bought a Jouet 330P4 to go with my collection. They also had the 'other' GTO that has a sort of notchback, a 250GT and a 412P. I saw at least 3 of the F1 cars and the first Enzo I've ever seen on a shelf. The Enzo was even yellow instead of the typical red. The cars are NOT cheap, the Mattels are about $30, and the F1's are $55. The 330 I bought was $35, but I've never seen one before. If you want cheap, the Big Lots on McArthur and 183 still has 550B's and one 246 Dino as of lunchtime.

I went to Wild Bills looking for 1/32 slot cars since I told Santa I want a set for Christmas. Rob, they have a 355 Challenge car in blue. They also had the 512 that you bought earlier this year and a 62 GTO. If any of you are interested, they have an HO scale slot car track by Mattel w/ F1 cars. The cars are a Ferrari and a Jag. It's $80 but the track is huge. I would've bought it for one of my kids, but I got them one earlier this year. I also saw an original Matchbox Magnum PI car from 1998 for $7.

This place has more cars of every scale than any place I've ever been. It's packed to the ceiling. I wanted to look at a new train engine for my sons train set, and in order to do so they told me to come behind the counter because the glass case was covered with cars!

If you haven't been, go. It's in Irving on Shady Grove, South of 183 and about a mile east of McArthur. I'll take my boys there soon, they'll love it too.

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Jim, your post made me smile. I can see how you were excited there. I haven't been there yet, but my wife took kids for my B-day gift, and selected Enzo there.
    With my clutches, I don't think I can manuever self well there based on what I read & heard.
    Did you go there with your White stud?

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's the '64 GTO. Last three or four of the series.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I bought all the HO F1 cars when they were out.

They had Benetton, Lotus, Ferrari, and Williams.

I haven't seen that box in awhile. I think it went out with the first wife or the trash. By the time my son was old enough, he got the Jurassic Park set with the hungry dinosuar!

He turned out to be a Lambo guy. Sigh.

5. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Is this a regular Hobbyshop, like Hall's and Phil's in Dallas were?

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    When I was teen back in the 80's, I raced my R/C off road car at Wild Bills Hobby Shop. That place was a blast, it's great to know it's still around.

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I don't know Halls and Phils, but yeah, it's just a regular hobby shop. They have all the R/C stuff, electric trains, slot cars, models, etc.

8. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Been going there for years.

I did not realize that you had never been there Jim.

It is definitely a hidden gem in Dallas.

9. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    It is a full up hobby shop. R/C everything, but they specialize in cars and have an oval dirt track in the back. A while a go they had the Tamiya 360 Challenge RC car in stock. Planes, boats, and helicopters too.

A ton of plastic models - the best selection of airplanes after Phil's place.

Also, great selection of die-cast aircraft in all scales and great train stuff.

Everytimg I am there, the place is more full of stuff. If you can't find what you want anyplace else, Wild Bill's is where to go. I have to leave my MasterCard at home when I go there since it would be very easy to buy a ton of stuff.

10. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott

Good selection of building supplies, paint, detail addons, etc.?