My arm hurts - sports injury help! | FerrariChat

My arm hurts - sports injury help!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    About two years ago, I REALLY hurt my right arm in a batting cage. When I was done swinging, my arms curled up into a ball; some tendon running from my pinky, over the back of my hand to my thumb knuckle, under and across the bottom of my forearm, up to the elbow-end of my bicep, through my bicep and into my shoulder had cramped up or something. Took about 20 minutes for my arm to loosen up, and I can no longer go to the batting cage :(.

Now, if I swim, curl with a barbell, throw a ball too hard, or swing a bat, the damn tendon goes to he!! again.

So, I discovered a way to work out and not aggravate the injury. For the past two years, I've been OK, but on Monday, for the first time, doing the bench press aggravated it, as did doing curls with a rope. Now, the damn thing hurts all the time.

What the hell? Can I never work out anymore? The pain has been constant since monday.

Any thoughts?

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Don't take any chances, see a Dr. ASAP if it troubles you that bad.

3. roentgen

roentgen Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    You probably have a tendon or muscle injury. Need an MRI to further evalualte. Talk to you dr.

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I used to think that tendonitis was a joke - something that lazy pro athletes used as an excuse to sit on their big asses and collect their big paychecks when they had a little ouchie. Then I got a good case of tendonitis while rushing to remove roof shingles from a house in one day by myself. It hurt so bad I literally could not pick up a spoon for weeks. It did not get any better at all until I completely immobilized it with a brace and an Ace bandage for almost a month. I've learned to be careful about pacing myself since then.

5. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sounds like it could be muscle spasms. These cramps are painful, if thats what you are experiencing. I get them in my foot and calf all the time. They are usually a result of not enough potassium or sodium in your diet, because those two things are integral to the operation of nerves. I used to get them during competiton all the time, but i learned that if i get alot of potassium into my system by eating banannas, they dont happen.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Unfortunately it's probably going to have to be amputated.

7. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Damn.

8. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Nibbles, with your good arm, take a hammer and smash your foot REAL hard! You'll forget all about your arm pain.

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Well, I just got back from the doctor where I had my arm amputated, and the pain is gone!

Although, now my foot hurts, with this damn hammer wound and all.

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    NIBBLER ELF,

He meant VELVET hammer!

DL

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!!
    So, Nibblets... What is this, um, "sports injury" from, exactly... :)

12. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

I don't know, but I've been told baseball players get it from throwing balls too hard or swinging the bat too hard.

Dunno, tho. I'm pretty stupid about this crap.

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, i was just busting your chops; are you serious, though, that you don't know where the injury came from...?