Acrylic glass top for 308/328. | FerrariChat

Acrylic glass top for 308/328.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I found a manufacturer that makes replacement Acrylic Smoked glass Targa Tops for Corvettes. If there were enough demand,and they were somewhat reasonable,would anyone want to buy one for your 308/328,if they made them? It would be a nice alternative/addition to have,as the car is more "Lit up" from Natural light. Something,"Different".

2. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    A company (I can't remember the name) in the 80's manufactured smoked tops for 308's, and every once in awhile you can spot one for sale on E-Bay. They usually go for $800 - $900. I was interested in getting one for my 308. but in really hot, sunny weather it could be impractical. The 308's already suffer from extreme "greenhouse" effect due to the highly raked windshield. This maybe why so few of these tops were produced.
    Dave

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board Dave!

One by one we're getting you guys on here. Good!

4. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Andreas,
    I was on before the site change. I had to re-register as it didn't transfer from the old site to new.
    Dave

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I have one on my "other" sportscar.('Vette) But,In the Winter,or cool Spring/Fall days,it's nice to keep the car interior warm. Plus,I like having the extra light. I am going to have one made for myself,but,thought that as while I did that,I could make more,if there was a demand.