Going to Florida...again! | FerrariChat

Going to Florida...again!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Bmyth-FDC, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey guys!
    I'm planning on being in the Orlando area from 1/25 - 1/28 for a conference for work... Is there anything going on in S. Florida the weekend of the 24th? If so, I may consider taking a flight down to Miami a few days prior to my conference, then flying back up to Orlando...

Squids - anything going on then?

- Byron
    "West Coast Squid"

2. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    We'll make something up for you. How've you been?

3. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Almost forgot, the Cavallino Classic in Palm Beach is going on around then.

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Sindo,
    I've been busy with work... haven't had any time off all year except for now. This will be a long-awaited holiday break! :) How is everything with you? I just took another look at our miami herald picture the other day - it really turned out great, didn't it?!

I would love to join you guys in south beach again...maybe maranello's... but definitely Pearl! Martin and I just love those... umm... martini's... that's it. :) Oh, and that brunch!!! yummy.

Byron

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Byron and Sindo.....the Cavallino Classic dates are from 1/20 - 1/25. The best days will be 1/23 for their track day at Moroso and then Saturday 1/24 for the Squid luncheon around the corner from The Breakers. We did it last year and had alot of fun and got to meet others from outside our area.
    The track event is always great. They have Vintage Races in the afternoon and this year they will feature 333's. They expect to have 10-13 333's there. Besides that, the track is filled with Ferrari's plus manhy vendors.
    The Concours on Saturday is also the best! Make sure you are both there. We'll have a good time.
    Byron....what about Amanda?

6. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Wow - sounds like a fun time... I'll try to come in a few days before, then, in order to attend the track day - will we get any track time on there? Martin?

Paul, I'll be traveling alone on this one - I believe Amanda will be crazy busy with grammy preparation... and I'll be traveling for work.

-B.

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Byron,
    You have to come down for Cavallino Classic. This is the East Coast Concourse event. YOU CAN NOT MISS THAT if you are going to Orlando a few days later anyway. The Concourse is phenomenal.

You can stay with us. I will be going to the Friday track event and Saturday Concourse with Marion. I am sure I have a car in stock for the Concourse event that you can drive us there :)

Track on Cavallino is not in the cards. Expensive and hopoelessly crowded. I will do Italia Fest the following week though.

Looks like I sold the Challenge car and Sebring this next weekend is my last time with the silver car.

Will get a 1995 F355B yellow/black in trade. Car is gentlemen converted for track. Has small rollbar (like yours), Brembo brakes in the front and only 16K Miles. Ah and 5-point harness, otherwise stock.

You could fly into Miami as late as a redeye arriving Friday morning. I will pick you up and we drive out to Moroso see the cars on the track. Saturday we take off early to West Palm to go to the COncourse.

8. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Wow... you sold the silver one, eh? Well, at least you'll get another in trade. I just got back from our weekly gathering of cars in Orange County - there were 2 F-40's, a new 2004 575M, Jag XJ220, boxers, Dino 196S vintage racer, 330 GTC, 550, 308's, my challenge, and a number of other ferraris and exotics.

Martin, that is very generous for you to let me stay with you. I may just take you up on the offer. I think I can reasonably do a red-eye and get into miami like at 6:30am or so.. I would love to participate in the fri/sat events with you and Marion, then fly out to Orlando on Sunday - it's in the cards!! :)

I'll let you guys know when I have things finalized... but it looks like this is the plan! I'm going back to Miami...woo-hoo!!! :) :) :)

9. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Welp I'm definitely coming down for this. Probably fly in early Friday morning and fly out Sunday morning. Southwest has dirt cheap flights from Tampa to West Palm Beach, so I'll probably do that. How far is the track from WPB? Not sure if I should get a rental car or just cab it around. Of course if someone wanted to pick me up at the airport in their Fcar, I'm ok with that too ;)

Martin, looking forward to seeing you and Marion again and meeting some new people. Hanging out with the south FL crew is always fun.. Just hope the weather holds up. Wouldn't want a small cloud to float by and prevent Paul from bringing out the 360 ;)

-R

10. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Robin, you need a car. Moroso is WAY out there. A cab will cost you more than twice the rental car one way.

There are some hotels in the Palm Beach gardens area that are good, also Palm Beach downtown around City Place is good. Palm Beach North is okay.

Paul Bianco always has a hotel recommendation in Jupiter, coming in from the north end.

Airport Palm Beach is South Palm Beach so get a rental for sure!

Byron, looking forward to you coming. To you as well Robin.

Always great to have out-of-towners here. I think it is Williams birthday that week as well so a party will be in order. Byron, maybe we stay up there as well for the night Fr to Sat, what do you think.

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah I just checked a map and realized the concours and the track are kinda far apart. I went ahead and got a hotel about halfway between the two, and will be driving down Friday morning. It's only about 3 hours from Tampa, which isn't much longer than it would take to dick around at the airport and fly down. So yeah I'll have a car this time, no need to chauffeur me around again :) If anyone needs a ride back and forth or a designated driver for any parties that may occur that night, let me know...

-R

12. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Let me know which Hotel because I may just do that. Get a hotel and stay up there. I know William is staying at the Breakers.

I will send a shout out to William. He is in final exam stress. Poor guy.

ah I remember Robin is our driver :)

13. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah I looked into staying at The Breakers until I realized that it was something ridiculous like $425 a night. Since all I need is a bed to pass out on, I got a room at a Comfort Inn kinda halfway between Breakers and Moroso. And yeah, I can fit maybe 4 passengers in my car, and I don't mind driving. All I ask is that no puking occur inside ;)

-R

14. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    well no puking.....I better take my own car then :)

Comfort Inn is okay. Do you have the address?

15. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    1901 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd
    West Palm Beach, Fl 33409

It's only $90 a night... should leave plenty of extra cash for visiting some clu.. I mean having a nice night out with the wives ;)

-R

16. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    You have no idea Robin,
    Marion will join us at the tittybar.

17. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Amanda would've been a sport, too... :)
    Looking forward to the trip, Martin. Definitely looking forward to it now! :)

18. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I know why I like Amanda! :)

19. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    Hi All. I'm Alicia from Cavallino magazine and Cavallino Classic. If you need any help in planning your trip for the Classic, please don't hesitate to call our office in Boca Raton at 561-994-1345. We will be happy to send you a brochure/registration pack. It will also list the hotels in the area with special rates for Cavallino.

20. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Welcome Alicia.

You think you can get us a special rate for Rachels as well? 20% off lapdances? :)
    jk

21. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    LOL, too funny.

There is a hotel in Jupiter about 10 minutes from the track which I've stayed at previously for less than $40.00/night. The information I have on it is Fairview Inn on Indiantown Road in Jupiter (mere moments from Paul's house).

BHW

22. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    CORRECTION...

It is the Fairfield Inn on Indiantown Road.

BHW

23. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    was that good?
    old?
    clean?