Fiorano Video - In case you missed it! | FerrariChat

Fiorano Video - In case you missed it!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lawwdog, Dec 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I posted this link to the video I shot at Fiorano in my orginal thread "Back home from Italy - Maranello". I don't think everyone know's about it since I have a few pm's asking for it.. so here it is again so everyone can see it.

http://ferrarichat.com/videos/MVI_2530.AVI

Turn up the Speakers and Enjoy!

2. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    im pretty sure thats a 360, but which model is it? it looks like its running a wing. is it a GT, or the GTC they've been talking about?

awsome sound...wish i was there...

3. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    It was a 360...I just don't know which one? As you can imagine, no one was willing to say at the F-1 plant. They all had a tight lip.

4. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    when was this video taken...it might give us an idea of which 360 it was.

by the way, thanks for posting the video!!

5. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I believe is was Monday November 10th...approximately 4:45 pm

6. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    im guessing that it was the 360 GTC, considering that it has a wing, which implies that its not the CS.

7. ijvpet

ijvpet Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    John P
    I was in the eaxct same spot last October. I wasn't fortunate enough to see any action. SUPER VIDEO! Brought me right back to that spot last year!

8. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Thanks! Neat video.

9. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

Judging by the speed of the gear changes, I'd say that not only is it a 360N-GT, but it has the sequential gear box too. An F1 gearbox just doesn't change near that fast.

10. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Huh? The F1 gearbox is a sequential gear box.

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm not talking about the gearbox in a formula 1 car...i'm talking about the F1 gearbox in a challenge car or road car...certainly NOT a sequential gear box.

12. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    the downshifts in the video were very fast...maybe they were testing a new generation of the F1 gearbox for the track/street.

13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Can't see why they'd need a wing on the back for that! I think your guess about 360GT was right

14. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I thought the wing was likely for the Challenge car developement. The down shifts were very quick as were the up shifts. I think the video translated very well.

Mario

15. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Awesome video Lawdog! I hope that is the new Challenge car! I watched the video a few times here at work with no speakers but didn't get the full effect till I got home and cranked up the sound. Man those engines are just beautiful!!!!! As it rounds the corner and fades away I realized just how much I would enjoy living by the track. Great job.

16. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Funny you mention living near the track. The fence that I climbed to get the video actually is a back yard to a 3 -4 story apartment complex. What I thought was odd is that when the car was on the track..only 1 person was watching...and she was watching me watching the Ferrari. Unfortunately I think the citizens of Maranello have become too used to the Ferrari music.

17. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    As crazy as it sounds I know where the lady watching you is coming from. I live right across the water maybe 500 yards from Pensacola Naval Air Station. People drive hundreds of miles to watch the Blue Angel but they are the same as birds in the sky to me. It's calmed down a little over the years but there is a few months out of the year when they practice right over my house and when I mean right over my house I'm talking buzzing the trees. At the age of maybe 15 a certain somebody (definitly not myself) would sit at the end of my friend's dock and shoot paintballs at all the trainer planes landing. F-14's, F-18's, you name it I see them probably as much as someone living on a carrier. However I think living next to the Ferrari plant and getting to see the project cars testing around the track would be so much more interesting.

18. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  19. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris