I got my 355 today it sucks!!! | FerrariChat

I got my 355 today it sucks!!!

Discussion in '348/355' started by mondial86, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I don't wont to sound like a spoiled brat but after 8 years of dreaming ,and 8 months of looking at too many crappy 355'S I FOUND ONE ,AND i THINK ONE OF THE BEST ARROUND !!The car came today and as the guy took it of the truck it started to snow ,see the white spots!!! Right now there is 6 in. on the ground and no end in site,oh well I will just have to sit in the car and make motor sounds and hope the snow melts fast

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Bad luck...but..

It looks like a beautiful car...love the color combo!! Anymore pictures??

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    CONGRATS!!! Great garage, BTW.

DL

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Good choice! I love the 355!

5. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Congratulations on the purchase. Sorry to hear about the bad timing but just think how well you can detail/clean up the car now that you are stuck in your house until Sunday night;). The first storm of the season is never fun, especially when the weathermen are now calling fro up to 30 inches in some areas!!

6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    mondial86.....There are a lot of people here that would like to be in your position. Though I own a decent Ferrari, I can't say I'm not one of them. Maybe a bite of humble pie is in order.

7. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    excellent choice! thats actually a perfect example of what will be my first ferrari. dont let the weather get you down, just sit in the garage and rev the engine (with the garage door open of course); nothing sings quite like an f355 to me!

ernie:)

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mondial, congratulations, this is awesome...! Are you keeping the Mondial...?

When i saw the title of the thread, for a minute i thought you had just acquired the car and didn't like it... Weather, unfortunately, is beyond our control... i hope it clears up soon so that you can get that beast on the road...! :)

Please post more pictures and, when the weather clears, tell us about your first drive in it...

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    please post more pics!! btw, congrats!

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Baptism by fire, er... ice.

11. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    lol, wax!

yes! more pics, dude!

doody.

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The day my first arrived by Horseless Carriage it was raining hard. I was upset at first but after it got all good and wet, I figured what the hell. I took my wife and each of my two daughters for a ride seperately of course. The car was a mess but I just couldn't help it. It was cold so I had to wait a few days to clean it up. It was parked in the garage filthy dirty and I looked at it and just smiled.

13. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I will post som pics today ,I want to thank every one on Fchat all the information I got from this site was soo important to finding what I think is the best car for the money and yes the Mondial is for sale first $25000 and it is yours MAJOR DONE LAST WINTER 26,000MI.good car ,some intieor problems ,nothing major

14. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    here's the silver lining:
    While it's snowing and your not drivng it, NOW is a good time to send it down to Norwood's! Twin Turbo upgrade, Motec, Intercoolers, heavier valve springs, bigger injectors, race tuned suspension, and 500 whp! Yahooooooo!!!
    Seriously, Congrats!

15. RichardGilmore

RichardGilmore Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Richard Gilmore
    Bummer about the snow. Get the q-tips out and clean the vents!
    I picked my 355 up in Kentucky a few months ago on a beautiful fall day. I drove it home and loved every minute of it. Went by a client's horse farm in Kentucky (big time). My average speed picked up every 100 miles. I got passed by a hot blonde in a Tiburon doing 120. Not to be out done I downshifted and goosed it - caught up but let her slip away as traffic approached. She must have hit 140! Crazy broad. Isn't that a Hyundai??

I had a BMW 2002 just like yours in college a '74. Are those round tail lights or rectangular??!!

16. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Just think of it as dating the sexiest lady on the planet and deciding to wait to get married before having sex. When that day comes watch out!

Congrats, she looks beautiful - I don't see a cot in the garage - what's the matter with you?

17. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mondial86 - Great car. I know about the snow I live in Denver, but hey you have a Ferrari and a warm garage. What I do when it snows and can't drive I sit in my Ferrari, have a beer and listen to a sound track of a 360 trying to catch an F50 (Virtual driving).
    Have a great time with your car.
    Jim

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Like DES, I read the title and thought that you hated the car! Glad that's not the case. Be patient. This weather will pass. Here's a pic I took yesterday of Teterboro airport.

19. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hey congratulations. The 355 is THE car I would love to have. Have a Mondial now (only an 82) but want an 86 or later. Timing is not right though. Meanwhile, my wife loves the 2002, so you have a "dream" garage.
    Good luck, enjoy.
    Sam

20. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Good Luck with the car. I have a 95 GTS and absolutely love it.

Even the weather here in England is better !

21. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Move!

22. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name: