Battery maintainer | FerrariChat

Battery maintainer

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by RDS, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    This is the first winter I've had a Ferrari. When I plugged in the battery maintainer ( it's the type that plugs into the cigarette lighter) the lights for the three power window switches come on. I used it for serveral years on Porsches with out any problems. Is this normal or is something miswired? Thanks-- RDS

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    If you either fill out your profile or include in your posting what kind of Ferrari you're talking about it will help people help you.

In my 308QV, plugging a batter maintainer in the lighter socket does not do anything like you describe.

3. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    Sorry I forgot to inclued the type. It's a 1986 328. The reason it acts the way it does is because the cigarette lighter is only has power when ignition switch is in the on posision. I've never seen a car wired that way, they usually always have power. I got an adapter so I can connect it directly to the battery, not as convenient but it works fine.