How was Crystal Cove today - 12/6? | FerrariChat

How was Crystal Cove today - 12/6?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Tipo815, Dec 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I was planning on attending this morning but did not make it. December is the season for Christmas parties and last night was the first of many. I set my alarm for 5:30am and diligently climbed out of bed in a severly groggy state. One peek out the window at the less than ideal (meaning wet) conditions was enough of a reason to climb right back into bed!! Had it been clear and dry I would have likely sucked it up and fired up the 355 for the drive over. Did everyone else show? I know Jun cancelled but how about the rest? Did Jerry bring his car? If so, how did it look? How was the overall turnout?

2. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Good turnout today. Two F-40s, 2 Boxers, 1961 196SP Dino, plethora of 3x8,s Mondials, 348s, 355s, 330GTC, Testarossas x many, 575s galore (Armen - beautiful color combo, and the grill is spectacular) etcetera, etcetera. Byron, as usual, led a brigade of Ferraris into the lot. They got there early enough to get prime parking.

Nice way to start your day.

Jim S.

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Sleep was more important, otherwise, I would have come.

Jordan, if your reading this, sorry about the camera bag. I will get it to you on Tuesday (mailed out Monday).

Sunny

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    No problem Sunny!

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Great Ferrari turnout. 2 F40s eh? Who did the other one belong to?

5. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    It was great to see everyone again today.

Jim - always a pleasure. Love the wiring diagrams! It was also really great to see that 196sp in person - now if only I could see jim busby's collection!
    Dave - we'll have that run soon... look for one early jan
    Jerry - what an awesome interior!!! It was great to see you and melissa this morning
    Armen - wow. 575M, red/tan, red stitching. nuff said.
    Ron - great to see you and David again! We'll do another drive soon...
    Elden - glad you decided to join us... now if only I could get you to post!
    Dom - as always.. GT4's rock!
    Brian - good to see ya - can't wait til jan... buttonwillow, baby!
    Steve/Ramin - glad you guys made it out... Steve - you need to get a Fcar!! :)
    Norm - as always...she's a beauty. If you need help with talking to Chris, let me know... it was great to see Afshin as well!
    Rick - loved the hat! It was great to see Lana again as well... and the car up and running!
    Ken - it was nice to meet you in person - next time I'm in the jersey area, you'll have to promise me a ride in your 348!
    Ernie - great to meet you, too!
    Lou - get a working for now... you HAVE to join us on a drive while the other one is being raised from the dead! :)

Jun/Jordan/Dave/Kevin/Jeffrey/Sunny/et. al...
    you missed a good show of cars today... you'll have to join us for the next one for sure!

I'll post some pictures from today soon.

-Byron

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Great show this morning. It was nice to see old friends and meet new people.

There were 3, count-em 3, GT4's this morning. If that's not something to talk about, I don't know what is... :)

Dom

7. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    nice blue XJ220 this morning too

8. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    It was fun meeting you all today! We should all get together again and go out for breakfast next time. I will post my pictures a little later as well.

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Likely the one from Newport Autosport. There can't be that many blue XJ220's that would be so close and not go to the show :)

I'm going back to sleep now for a little while. I know I should have been there. One of these days...

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Nope, it wasn't. Not only did I ask the owner (he showed at Newport Concours), but when I drove by Newport Autosport this morning (which wasn't open yet), the blue XJ220 was in there as well.

So x2 in Orange County that are blue

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #11 Chiaro_Slag, Dec 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Was quite an awesome day to say the least. I finally had a car to drive and even got a ride in an F40!!!! :)

Can't thank you enough Rick - Most incredible drive of my life - Riding shotgun in an F40. Boy that F40 is amazing. It's just a nice tame driver when cruising, but as soon as you step on it, it unleashes a beast! Your head snaps back, the turbos start screaming, it's just a surreal experience. Rick sure can drive too. Stepping on it from a stand still is also ridiculous, but the most incredible thing is that launch from 2nd or 3rd gear! Also fun getting squirrly at 6k rpm!! I still have a big smile on my face - Much thanks - I'll have some nice stories to tell on Monday at work.

Was also great meeting Lou today - He is in the process of doing a complete restoration on a 308 - He is one year into a 3 year project. The man has restored 26 cars & knows what he is doing - He had pics of a jag he restored and the thing is mint! Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. I am eagerly awaiting updates of the 308 - Will be exciting - wooohooo.

Thanks Ron for the filter! Can't wait to get 3000K miles on the car to try it out with the synthetic 15w-50 Mobil 1. Always great to see that 308 on the road.

Also great to see the 308 GT4's representing - Great cars - Happy to see Dom's after hearing about it so much. Byron - Thanks for keeping things organized as always - U rule. Nice seeing you again also Brian - I went to Newport Autosports after and you are right, the blue Jag was still there - After seeing the two F40's today, I was ready to mortgage the house and buy the one there. :)

Sorry you couldn't make it Jun, Jordan, and Jeffrey - We'll see you next time!

I will most likely get my pics up tomorrow, but here is the one that will keep me smiling well into the new year :
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    todays meet was incredible! it was my first time out and i was truly impressed by the many unique cars that were there. it was certainly nice meeting all of you (and speaking with you at length Ken!) and i look forward to seeing you all next saturday. next time i wont be waiting for you on the side of the 133 because i got up late!

ernie:)

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ok Jerry, I hate you :)

Man it sounds like I missed out! Two F40s, the XJ220...BOTH XJ220s, the GT4s which I have special love for now :), and all the other Ferraris! Turns out I didnt get the jobs I was interviewing for anyway...aparantly Im too young? Still couldn't have made it because of the SAT anyway.

14. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I feel the show was good this weekend not great. I'll tell you one thing, Ferraris are taking over. That was the great part about it. I believe due to this chat site, More and More ferraris are showing up. I think all you guys are great guys. I enjoy meeting and sharing with you all the same interests. It's great to see all the different ferraris, But one passion shared amongst us. Hope to meet more of you in the future!!!!!!
    ARMEN

15. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Whos walking around with the funky hat?

16. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    It might have been the one from the Newport Concours that Jordan and I saw. I spoke with the owner for a little bit and it was pristine with under 5k miles on it. He never really drives it. Might be that one? I used to have a pic of the car and me from that show in particular in my profile. Now I'm really wondering.. I need to ask my mechanic, he might know.

Edit: I took one look at the 1st picture and the owner was the one in the moustache, correct? Thats the same one from the show.

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yep - The owner in the first pic has the moustache and is wearing dark blue on the left of the photo.

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol

That is Rick - The owner of the F40. I believe it was a real skunk on his head. :)

19. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'm going to have to call for a judges ruling on this one - and he says he disagrees :D

Seriously, we had

• XJ220
    • not 1, but 2 F-40s
    • 550 and 575[
    • 196SP
    • Porsche 959 (the F-40s challenger)

..not to mention the other round of Ferraris (3 308GT4s, multiple Boxers, a TR, 348, 328, 308GTS, Mondial).

Sure, no Enzo showed up, but personally I think the selection was fantastic this weekend. Yeah, the Enzo is nice, and I've gotten to see it when only 30 cars showed up, but I think the XJ220, F-40s, 959, and 196SP really establish an eclectic showing of cars. You rarely see any of those cars being driven on the street.

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I guess when you own a 288, 575, 360, and 512 - It's hard to get excited. :)