Staying at a stranger's place,,, Yay, or nay? | FerrariChat

Staying at a stranger's place,,, Yay, or nay?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by kenny, Dec 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I am supposed to give some girl in my school (she's an undergrad) a ride back home for winter break... I posted an offer of a ride on the school's network rideboard and she replied.. Driving to Williamsburg to NYC is long, so I thought I can use some company and someone to pay for gas... A gal replied wanting a ride to the DC area, and after a few emails back and forth, said her mom would offer to let me stay overnite to split up the long drive...

Yay, or nay?? or is this a set up for disaster?? Worst comes to worst, I can just drop her off and go straight home...

2. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Nay! At least for me, staying at a strangers place is awkward at best.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What does her mom look like?

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    See how the ride goes and make a game time decision.

DL

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    MILF seeker! Kenny, if you get to share a bed, and shes hot, go for it!

6. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    I'm sorry, I've been in a relationship for too long. I am but a shell of my former self now. *Pulls out pre-relationship persona*

If she is hot and she doesn't have a guest room, go for it! If she wants you to sleep on the couch, say you have back problems and sleeping on the couch will screw you up. You took her home, the least she can do is let you sleep in her bed (preferable with her in it).

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    And don't forget a tripod for the video camera.

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Keep your options open. Tell her you planned to drive straight through, but if it's ok, you'll see how you're feeling when you hit DC. If you like her and it goes well and you're comfortable, stay. If not, keep going.

9. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Good video potential, but be careful as you may wake up with a bondage ball in your mouth and hear someone say, "Bring out the gimp" in the background.

10. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    If she is hot, go for it! Kinda strange though because the first leg of your no more than 6 hr drive will be around 2 hrs. How will you act wiped out at that point?

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Kenny,

Ok, enough testosterone and time to be serious... Say you are not sure, carefully check out the situation (and if you are tired) when you get there. Keep it platonic and honorable.

Just my humble 2 yen.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

12. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    My guess is she's probably not hot, otherwise, she'd know better and want to keep the trip as short as possible... A hot girl even a bimbo already knows a lot of guys would potentially want to latch onto her so she'd keep the initial meeting short unless she knows for sure she likes the person...

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I can't really help you withought pics :)

Watch out for yourself too, you don't know these people.

You really have to make a judgement call after meeting them. Keep your options open untill that point.

Best!
    Ben.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    ROTFLMFAO!

watch your back, dude ;)

doody.

15. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I go to a small school in a small town... Most students here are the studious, conservative types... It's not much of a party school at all... Most girls here are plain jane who stay home friday nights studying...

16. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Random girl wants you to sleep over....answer is ALWAYS yes!!

17. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Let's see mom offers??? Hmmm, maybe mom knows her daughter needs all the help she can get!? Is there some directory at school you can look up a picture. Also Kenny you were discussing upgrading your digital camera. Get the new camera before this trip just in case!

18. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Lets say she's 'OK'. I would have a plan-B on your plate. On the way there, if she says "are you going to stay over'?, just say "we'll see". If you get there and its 'bad', bail to the hotel. IMPORTANT: Pay for the gas. You will crank the 'class' notch up a bit. She probably has friends she may want to introduce you to....Play this one for all its worth, what the hell!

19. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Stay one step ahead of her. Have at least one backup plan. Believe me when I say she has one... keep cool and you may both be surprised. Stranger things have happened!

Sunny