Any college football fans out there?? | FerrariChat

Any college football fans out there??

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bkaird1, Dec 7, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    It's gonna be LSU and Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl this year. I can't say I'm upset (as Tiger fan) but I'd imagine USC fans aren't too happy.

Brad

2. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Hi Brad,

Proof that the BCS is NOT working, and should be totally junked. One only needs one example to prove the point that the computer shouldn't be picking matchups; The fact that a team that DID NOT win it's conference is playing in the championship. USC is getting screwed.

Oh well, I could care less since my team was far,far,far away from any bowls this year, and now I have the blinders on for college hoops.

Thank goodness the Illini won't have to deal with a BCS system come March!

p.s.-Any truth to the rumor that Mr. Saben is heading to the Bears???

3. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    As a die-hard Sooner fan I'm thrilled. I was really pissed at how poorly we played last night against K-State. I loathe K-State with a passion, but they played a better game.

See you at the Sugar Bowl!

BOOMER SOONER!!

4. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Sarc,

I totally agree about the BCS... a new system is needed. Even WHEN (sorry Tyler :)) LSU beats Oklahoma, they may not get the title outright if USC wins their bowl game.

As far as Saban leaving, I've heard that he is planning on staying for a while (I hope). It seems like every year since he's been here(well, there...I'm no longer in B.R.) there have been rumors that he was off to the NFL. I can certainly understand the interest though by the NFL... he's really turned LSU into a great program.

Brad

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I tried REEEEEEELY hard to like my Bruins, as I'm a UCLA student, but, man do they suck.

I'll stick with my LA Kings hockey to dissapoint me. Don't need another crappy team to make me sad.

Disclaimer: the Kings are actually doing OK this year.

6. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    I'm sure he'll stay there for awhile. I don't usually like watching anything outside the Big10, but I caught the LSU game over Thanksgiving...very impressive. It was that weekend when everyone back home was talking how Saben was going to replace Jauron.

One things for sure, Mr. Saban is not very well liked up here in Michigan (especially in Sparty-land).

My money is on LSU for sure!!!

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Tyler,

With you..
    Boomer Sooner.

Last night SUCKED but after a awesome year with a schedule that was a bit tougher then USC, bring on the Sugar.

If USC had beat CAL, then I would have to say USC may be more deserving of the bid.

8. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    Oklahoma should be out! I mean, didn't we just learn last night that there is at least one team in the country better than they are? (k state). They got blown out!

Don't tell me that if they played that game 10 times Oklahoma would win 9 and are still a great team. I don't care. You take care of business on the field each day and getting blown out by Kansas State in your conference title game is way worse than losing to Cal in triple overtime (what usc did earlier in the year).

It should be USC in the title game and I'm glad that the most knowledgeable college footfall folks in the country agree with me (the coaches and the writers).

9. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I agree this system needs to go. I am glad to see LSU got in the Sugar Bowl though as they are the best team out of the top three right now. With such great defensive speed, I have a feeling LSU will really give Oklamhoma some problems on offense. White better be ready to be pummeled to the ground quite a bit. On the birght side, the Rose Bowl shoudl be a great game. USC vs. Michigan will be a slugfest. I personally feel Michigan is playing the best football in the nation right now. Can't wait to sit back and watch the games next year!

10. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    I follow both University of Pittsburgh(season tickets) and Penn State where I gave up my tickets this year. 8 year's of consitent losing was enough.

It's a shame Joepa is going to have to be removed from office.

11. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    TCM,

I agree with you totally. I'll certainly be watching the Rose bowl... I think Michigan will give USC some trouble.

Oppie,

I have a friend who just graduated from Penn State. Needless to say, he's not too happy with the way the season has gone.

I'm just ready to see LSU play Oklahoma, should be good.

Brad

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Wait until The Wolverines DRILL the Trojans. USC played against creampuff schools like Hawaii and Arizona. It would be like taking the Padres and making them play in the little league world series. Sure they would have a great record, but look who they played against.
    Last time SC was in the Rose Bowl, one of my high school friends scored a TD for SC.

University of Spoiled Children. Next year though, they should be ranked in the top 10 to start with. Remember they lost to CAL!

USC should be 2 or 3, after the HUMILIATING LOSS OSU got their a s s e s handed to them this weekend.

13. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    This was my exact point in the earlier post. One way to look at it as well is that ALL of the coaches and ALL of the Writers DO NOT watch ALL of the games, but, the computer essentially does look at all aspects of all of the games.

Now, like I said, USC may have had a chance if they had not lost to CAL, but look who OU lost to...The number 15 team in the nation. But, the other side of the coin is that LSU beat a Top 5 team, and MAYBE should be in the #1 spot. Since my family has had season tix's to the Sooners since the late 50's, maybe I am a little biased....maybe?

Boomer SOONER :)

oh, and I do think that there will be a co-Nat Champion this year no matter the outcomes......and it has happened before.

14. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Sooo, are any F-chatters going to the Sugar Bowl? I'm still trying to see if I can clear some things and go, would be great fun to have an F-Chat get together at or after the game.

15. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Tyler,
    Wish I could meet you down there. I'll be in Baton Rouge until the 27th. Then I'm off to Jamaica for a honeymoon and back to Atlanta. Hope you get to go though...New Orleans is a fun place.

Brad

16. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~

so more facts for the USC people:

Teams from 2003 schedule going to bowl games....
    OU --8 USC -- 6

Team records of those teams going to Bowl games:
    OU -- 70% USC -- 60% (Not too good)

Only team to play both UCLA -- OU by 31 USC by 25

And finally get beat by a team ranked 10( K-State) in the final poll or losing to a team that is not ranked in the final 25--(California).....

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    TCU! Go Horn frogs!

18. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It's ridiculous.

I don't care about strength of schedule. If you can't win your conference, you shouldn't be playing for the national championship. All the stats in the world won't change that fact.