daytona tool kit | FerrariChat

daytona tool kit

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by coachi, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    Ebay listed a daytona tool kit yesterday which appears to be mint. In less than 1 1/2 days, it has gone up to 3050.00. Back in the eightees, I saw such a tool kit for $3500.00 and it was mint. It amazes me when the entire daytona does sell in the range of 115,000 to 150,000 that a tool kit which is not a high grade tool kit fetches that kind of bid in less than 2 days. Maybe I should atrt selling daytonas part by part

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2446789719&category=42606

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    these old tool kits are ridiculously priced, but where else are you going to get them? the 275 gtb/4 tools are even worse (i think one sold in the last several months for $7k). it makes me wonder how many of these kits end up stolen. i don't keep my dino tools in my car just for that reason. goes to show that even though we all love these old cars, we still like to say "mine is better than yours".

3. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A few months ago I watched a not nearly as nice Daytona kit bid up to near $9,000.00 and expire without meeting reserve. I've got an original bag for my 330 that I lucked into for free and had restored. It would cost about $2000.00+ to fill it with correct repro tools. Got other priorities now but will do it one of these days. If I do, I sure won't leave it open in my trunk at some car meet.

4. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale

There is no mystery here. Of course the toolkit is not worth much as a toolkit. It is valuable because those who wish to have their car judged at a concorso need the toolkit. If you are without the toolkit you will likely loose four points which makes it tough to get the 95 points for a platinum award. Since a few kits have been lost it appears there is not one for each Daytona. Supply and demand determines the price as always.This one will probably go for about twice the current bid.

5. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Have you checked it again? At least the reserve is reasonable.

On the my toolkit for my car, I can see springing for repro "beta 55" wrenches, carb tool, pliers, and hub puller (useful). I have no desire to enter my car in any type of condition-judging event, and will certainly not part with $125.00 each for repro screwdrivers. The rest of my toolkit stuff I have been accumulating at garage sales - I've found some good old woodhandled drivers for a couple of bucks apiece and they look great when polished up and the handles are refinished. I also found two filter wrenches that at first look can't be told from the real thing for $1.00 each.

6. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You got it half right, smartguy.

7. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    well, it sold for 6200. Holy Cow! Who will give me 6000 for mine? I can sell the car piecemeal and make a fortune....lol.....