Edgewood Collision? | FerrariChat

Edgewood Collision?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by karmavore, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Anyone know anything about these guys? Its a smaller body shop on Edgewood ave. downtown that I pass by everyday to and from work. They usually almost always have Porsches and MBs in the booths or outside that look nice (but of course you can only really tell up close) but lately they have been working on a 355. I'm wondering if they are some well-kept secret?

I know Bo comes highly recommended, but I've heard some differing opinions lately and that he is no long in favor with FOA.

Curious,

Luke.

2. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Bo is now working on my 355 and as soon is he is done I will let you know how he's done. FOA. recommended Bo to me just last week and they're telling me that he is the best. He does seem like a good guy to me.

3. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Luke, Have you talked with FoA? If not, why not take a few minutes and call FoA 678-802-5000 and ask them who they'd suggest you use to fix your type of request. One phone call might save you a lot of aggravation later.

I'd personally like to know who said Bo was no longer in favor with FoA. PM me if you'd like.

Thanks.

Vince

4. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I'm always looking for a good shop. Also, and this may be obvious, I do not own a Ferrari. I just would respect any body shop that gets their work -- enough to check them out, anyway.

I know Bo can't do everythoing for them, if for no other reason then the distance that now existes btween them, so there must be other qualfied shops out there.

I do not feel comfortabe discussing my discussions about Bo. This is a small community and I do not really know any of the members.

Luke.

5. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Luke,

Bo is located in Tucker which isn't too far from Decatur. Bo's workload varies greatly. I sent ya a PM :)

Vince

6. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

When the time comes I have never not consideried checking him out. I even swung by a few weeks back to take a look (form the car). Nice joint. :)

Luke.

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I was just at Bo's shop yesterday and there was an Aston delieverd from FOA while I was there. Bo has worked on several of my cars over the last 15 years or so and has always done excellant work. So, the fact is even if FOA stopped using him, I wouldn't.

8. blackhead

blackhead Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    Bennett comes highly recommended... However Chaz is not to be trusted... unless black paint is brown in your world... Went psycho, when he was questioned about a paint mismatch... I had a spot on my 911 door... simple fix... they didn't blend the paint... and used a deep brown instead of the cooler black on the quarter panels... Now my black targa has a nice new two tone look... The owner has been contacted but as of yet no one has made good... And that treatment is to a guy who was going to spend 12 grand on a paint job from them... Buyer beware!!!!!!!

9. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

This was at Edgewood?

Luke.

10. blackhead

blackhead Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    Yes,

As of yesterday I got an apology... and an offer to match and repaint. I still don't understand it. I was very relaxed about the matter when I called them... I literally asked to bring it by to get thier opinion. I guess we'll see how they do on the second round. I'm tempted to take it somewhere else and send them the bill. I should state that everyone else at the shop was very willing to help... and Chas seems to have come around. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I was told that Noman the new owner was to contact me as well.

11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    You guys can say what you want about Bo and make him look like a "god" all you want, but in my own opinion, he is just a "prima donna" that won't stop bragging about his resume.....The guy turned down my Ferrari 4 years ago because of the rust on the rear quarter panels, maybe I "challenged" him....If he is so great, then why did my local paint shop do the work about as good as when it came out of the factory, for say, about 10 times less than what "Bo" would have charged??? I wish you would all look outside the box and realize there are hundreds of world class body shops in the Atlanta area, and stop blowing your money on him......

12. blackhead

blackhead Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    Could you recommend a good restoration/body shop intown...(atlanta) Thanks in advance!

13. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I have used many in the past few years, and had no problems with any, most recently the one in Buford called Ultimate Auto, they are world class as far as body work, fiberglass, etc....Paint is not a problem either, I would try them on any of my Ferraris.....

14. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

You mean this place: http://www.uabcustomcars.com/index.php ????

I've seen lots of their custom work at local 'import' shows and the quality is laughable. I'm talking laugh-out-loud-able.

Next...?

Luke.

15. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    No wonder they only charged a tenth of what others quoted. I guess you get what you pay for :)

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Luke,

They did world class paint and fiberglass work on 2 of my Ferraris, and no-one would know it wasn't factory, and I have owned 67 cars, so i think I know the difference between laughable and not......The fact that they may have done some poor work on some Japanese imports has nothing to do with how they treat a Ferrari......

17. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Ok, ok, I'll take your word, but..

You say that you know of MANY world class shops in Atlanta but I think many of us struggle to name ONE. Please, list some of you most recent encounters, I think we'd all appreciate it!!!

Luke.

PS, what model Ferrari did UAB work on and what did they do?

18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I have had so many great referrals in the past from other Ferrari and Lotus friends, including the shop behind GOA< they seem to do quite well with the dealership, there is another that did my Mondial fenders back in 97', but I don't remember the name of the shop, it's on Buford highway close to Evan Ross' location....
    I would have Ultimate give you at least an estimate on your Ferrari, and you can see what I meant about their quality and expertise.....They did my 348 TS fenders and rockers better than stock, repainted an entire Fiat I had with a Ferrari color, and both times, I was quite impressed....
    Luckily I haven't had the need to have any other cars touched up in the past year, but I know there are dozens out there waiting to be known.....

19. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
  20. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I was at Ferrari of Atlanta this past Saturday for their Holiday Sale. There was a 355 that needs some body work and I heard from the source that their preferred body shop for the repair is Pirkle Body Shop in Tucker. If Scaledetails meant to say FoA instead of GOA then I think Scaledetails needs to make a call to FoA and ask them. And after he calls them, I'd like him to post what he was told.

Since this is like the third thread on this subject in the last few months I'm beginning to believe there is a body shop troll on the board either trying to drum up business for their shop or trying to get business away from another shop for some unknown reason.

My advice, if anyone wants to know which body shop the Ferrari dealer recommends, they should call FoA at 678-802-5000 and ask for themselves.

Scaledetails, I understand the FoA service dept will be open Monday morning as usual and they will be accepting phone calls. Please let us know who you talk to and what they tell you. Thanks :)

21. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Whom are you accusing of this? Seriously?

Luke.

22. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Luke, I wish I knew. It just seems strange to have so many threads on this topic in such a short time when it is so easy to make a single phone call to find out who the local dealer recommends for body shop / paint work. It makes me think there's more to it than meets the eye. Is it someone advertising for their own body shop? Is it a grudge against an existing body shop? I don't know. It's one thing to say XYZ body shop does good work, but another thing to say (incorrectly) that WXY body shop is the one used by the local dealer. Interesting that these comments are made by folks with very few prior posts - both on this site and the old fchat. Seems very fishy.

Folks, I'll say it again. If you want to know who the local dealer suggests work on your pride and joy, give them a call.

Luke, you have asked for the name of a good body shop - have you called FoA yet? If so, what did they say? If you haven't called, why not? It only takes a couple of minutes. I'd like to know what they tell folks other than me.

23. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

No, because:

a) My interest is not Ferrari specific. Even if Bo is God-like I still want other options. You'd be a fool to only get one quote or talk to one shop before bringing a car in for work. I really don't understand why this bothers you so much.

b) Since I don't own a Ferrari I'd feel a bit silly calling them.

c) I'm looking for the opinions of REAL PEOPLE. Not a dealerships line.

I think it's funny that you think this is underhanded since **no other** good recommendations have arisen from my queries -- Edgewood got a mixed review and UAB, the only other suggestion, was immediately dismissed by me. It would be one thing if I said I wasn't sure about Bo and someone else said try ______, their awesome!!

Luke.

24. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Don't feel silly about calling them. People call the exotic dealers, Rolls dealer and other high-end dealers all the time to get recommendations even though they don't own the respective marque. Call five dealers and you'll probably get the names of five different good body shops. :)

Whatever car you have that you're looking for work, try getting on forums of that make and see who they like in the Atlanta area. I'm sure there is someone(s) who has a lot of knowledge on your specific marque who would do a better job than someone who is usually very good but unfamiliar with your model.

I wasn't picking on you, but I get frustrated when incorrect info gets posted by newbies (not you) who say they've talked to the dealer about something, but haven't, or really misunderstood what they were told. And when it happens several times in a short amount of time, it raises questions. IMHO

25. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I met Bennent today. Very nice guy. I think I'm going to have them do some wet sanding/detail work for me. Let me know how your situation turns out!

Luke.