Uh Oh! New License plate Frame!!! | FerrariChat

Uh Oh! New License plate Frame!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #1 allanlambo, Nov 3, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NO WAR WITH ME ALLAN, I LIKE YOU

BRUCE

3. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Love it!

4. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    so... what's he eat for dinner??????

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

I would have liked it to say Vipers!

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    mclaren's for dinner, perhaps?

:)

doody!

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I guess i could of wrote that, but then id have to use nitrous all the time! There is a story on another forum actually of a guy who just raced the Orange Mclaren F1 in Scottsdale in a 500hp 996TT and beat him. The Mclaren just roasted its tires and couldnt get traction.

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey Bruce! Hows the eyes! You see, i told you those Nauticas were ugly!

9. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36270

10. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    hahaha, that's great!

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Allan, judging by the photo, all that foreign food is giving you the meat sweats.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I drove the car around today, and several people commented how the plate was awesome! I also saw people trying to take a picture of the plate.

13. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    What about for snacks?

14. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    thats a classic :)

15. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
  16. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    A friend ran an always-on alcohol system in his typhoon - talk about SLEEPER.

Nevertheless, your comments about pure speed are silly given the context. Allow him to make the same purpose-built modifications and then, perhaps, you would have a fair comparison.

--Dan

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Allan,
    Just how can you be sure if you are on an island in the middle of the ocean without any real competition, well except the bad ass rent-a-cars? Kinda like A-Rod playing against a little league team.

D'OH, just kidding! That is a cool frame!

DL

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I would rather drive my Cadillac, than ANY TYPE R, regardless of how fast it is.

Darth, you are right, it really does suck not having anyone to run around with here. Sometimes i do run into the occasional tourist that rented a Viper, and utterly destroy them, since they have no idea how to drive it.

19. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Afew comments about Bob Norwood "ricer".
    Actually Bob set many more world land speed records in FERRARIS than he did in rice. The car in the link above used to sit next to his dyno there in Dallas over at Kenny Tran Racing. I was fortunate enough to get the tour when Bob did the final chassis dyno tuning on my 348 Twin Turbo, (by Norwood). (Incedently I also was fortunate to meet Kenny Tran himself, quite a gentleman, If you're ever there in Dallas and have the time, it'd be a fun place to go). The car is AMAZING. It did seem to me though, with the custom block and built everything, this wouldn't really quaify as a "ricer" but more of a custom all out race car. Not really fair to compare it to a factory 996. It WOULD be fair though in my most humble opinion, to compare the 996 to one of his, (and James') Turbo TR's. That would devistate the factory 996, no doubt. My 348 TT probably wouldn't be too far behind either............

20. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Actually Bob set many more world land speed records in FERRARIS than he did in rice.

BS...show the records!

Ricer Bob is a Ricer. He never set any records in ferraris

POST THEM Then!

The Official Ricer Bob Site

http://www.bobnorwood.com/Max-4%20Home.htm

Ricer Bob

21. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    The Lambo may try to have me for lunch but he might fine mine does not go down very easy.

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Lol. I'll take that bet.

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    As for Norwood, im sorry but im not impressed with him at all. His few wild rides, ie 288 GTO and TT Testarossa, have been bombs, that are lucky to make it around the block. Then he makes a couple of 308/348's which are low hp, and capable of staying together. Anyone can do that. A 350rwhp 348 is not impressive.

24. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I could just picture Mr. Kennedy smoking the tires on his McLaren... When I saw it at Scottsdale Ferrari on August 13th 2003, the tires were pretty dull. Probably the most spotted McLaren ever, and one of the most driven/storied.

25. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Didn't Norwood put a Chevy engine in one of those Ferraris?

Norwood Type R. I gotta admit that's hilarious. Hahaha. And people had the nerve to rag on Allan by calling his Lamborghini a ricer. Norwood's Testarossa had a big audience too (some US car magazine) when it failed to even better factory performance figures. In the few days he had for the test he never got it running right. Followed the links to the site and ran some searches on Google. Looks like they have a track record of falling short in the ricer scene too. Claims of thousands of hp and the car won't run.

Maybe I should take one of those new Viper engines, put turbos and nitrous in it, and shoehorn it in a Caterham 7 and take it to the drag strip.

Allan may have a ricer, but at least it runs right. I'll take the Fiedler Type R over the Norwood Type R any day.

Cheers