Rec's from those in LA | FerrariChat

Rec's from those in LA

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Entelechy, Dec 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    If indeed it does rain soon, does anyone know a good sized empty space (parking lot, etc.) where I could practice some skid control? I've done it at racing schools, but never in my car, and would like to find a place to practice that's safe (heaven forfend, should I ever need it in real life).

Cheers,
    ~Chris

2. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Chris - it's raining!! :)
    Go find a big empty parking lot... make sure it's secluded, though! haha.. you're gonna get into lots of trouble with the law if it isn't secluded...

How is everything going on the set?

Byron

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    No one is going to be at Dodger Stadium 'til April.

DL

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    'cept the guys at the Police Academy next door.

5. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Haha - yes, this wouldn't have been a problem at all while we were on location in Alabama...great driving roads that were wide open. I'll keep my eyes out, but was laid up sick this weekend with the flu that's going around.

Hey Byron,

We're still moving right along. The director came in for another meeting this Friday and it was just three of us. The meeting went well and we solved some key problems with the layout. The rest of the group are still scouting down in South Africa until the 17th. Hope all's well with you :)

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds like you are in the middle of a movie? Sound interesting - What's your role in the production?

7. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Hi Jerry,

This is the most enjoyable phase for me - the conceptualization...it's where the most creativity takes place; much of what follows is carrying that out. My role is always different and seems to expand with each film I do, but a good "general" description would be something of a liasion between the director, the producers, and the creative teams. Every film is a new genre, usually a new group of talent, and a new adventure.

This is the first "low budget" film I've ever worked on, and I'm learning a lot, as this is where I would like to start with my future film projects as a director/producer. This current film is based on the John Fante novel "Ask the Dust". Robert Towne is our writer/director and he came across Fante's work when researching "Chinatown" years ago. He's been trying ever since to get this film made. It's being produced by Cruise/Wagner, released by Dreamworks, and is set to star Colin Farrell, Salma Hayek, and Donald Sutherland. It's set in 1930's LA which is a fun period to explore - it's pretty amazing to see what much of LA looked like back then!

Byron was up in LA and we grabbed lunch a few weeks back, although there wasn't much to see yet as we're just getting started, and will be filming in South Africa.

All the best and I'm sure we'll get to catch up more at one of the future events :)