Chicago Movie Premiere | FerrariChat

Chicago Movie Premiere

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Dec 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    On Saturday, February 7 at 5pm we will show my full length feature film "Hic Rhodos - Hic Salta!" in Chicago (roughly Lake Shore Drive and Irving Park). To some of you I have mentioned this six year long project, that has finally come to a (good) end. Was about time as it ate into my Ferrari time and budget...

Anyway, you guys are all invited, just send me a RSVP message/email please. We have in house valet parking or you can use public CTA buses. Food and drinks will be served.

Oh, and what is it about? A Sci-Fi movie, documentary style about going back to the moon starring yours truly and the many friends I've "persuaded".

PS: And before somebody screams "Off topic": There is one 348 Spider in it as well. Also driven by yours truly.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Whatchutalkinbout,Willis? :)

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can give you more details next Saturday in Batavia.

Let's just say you're talking to moon walker #13.
    :)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You know,Andreas. I used to be able to float around like that back when I was in my late Teens/Early 20's. (HeeHee! :) ) Yes,we'd love to attend. Is there a Soundtrack? And,with all the talk in the News,recently,about revisiting the moon,Your Movie just may be a Hit! And,I can tell everyone that I knew him Back when. (As you drive around in one of your Enzo's!) Can I tag along with you to Cannes?

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Congratulations #13,

I would enjoy attending the screening, see ya on the weekend.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well I realized this is a bit far out, but so are some of you...
    :)

Bill and Frank, consider yourselves invited. Let me know if you bring significant others, just so we get the seats and food right.

There is a soundtrack and therein lies the problem: Stolen from all over the music scene (mostly pop and rock) with infringing any and all TMs. That's why this movie is for private audiences only and will never be released nor given away. Sorry.

Did you guys ever see "Bowfinger"? How Steve Martin shoots a movie guerilla style without any permissions and "steals" Eddie Murphy for his flick? Well, replace Eddie Murphy with the Shuttle and you kinda get the concept how this movie was shot. Although all footage is original, meaning mine and not stock, it has some legal issues to the way it was shot...Another reason why there will be non Cannes nor Enzo for me anytime soon.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I'll bring Mrs along. Hmmmmm.....gives me another idea for a Trophy.... BTW...in the future,I have a great band that would be more than willing to provide music for a Soundtrack,in exchange for exposure....(Music credits,etc...) Provided that the requirement would be Punk or Metal type music :) And,no,I'm not "gettin' the Band back together".(my wife would KILL me! :( ) It's a different band that I know.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    BTW...Andreas. please enlighten me as to the Title of your Movie. What the "Heck" does "Hic Rhodos-Hic Salta" exactly mean?

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This is Rhodes, this is where you jump!

It is an ancient Greek/Roman saga and will actually be explained in the opening scenes of the movie. It is kinda the theme of the movie and a leftover in my leaking memory of 7 years of Latin classes...

BTW: I'll bring some pictures to Batavia of the making of the movie and it will show you a bit more behind the scenes stuff like special effects as well as some of the many on site locations around the world we went to to shoot this epic story. I spent probably as much money on this flick as on the Ferrari...

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank