Latest Issue CD, Ford GT, GT3, Stradale | FerrariChat

Latest Issue CD, Ford GT, GT3, Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by Lawrence Coppari, Dec 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    The Ford GT whipped the Stradale and the Porsche GT3 rather soundly. But the GT has a 50% larger engine and a supercharger. The GT3 was a wee bit faster on the course than the Stradale.

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    yeah, i saw that article. the reviewers also pointed out that they'd give their left nut to own a stradale just to hear that exhaust sound everyday!

3. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Not that there is really anything wrong with a 5.4 liter supercharged engine!

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Its interesting that "EVO" Magazine in last months issue raved so much about the 360 CS vs. GT3. Although the track numbers are one thing, according to Autocar those tires developed for the GT3 are what gives it such incredible grip. Although I love all 3 cars, the 360 CS is on the top of my wish list.

5. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Isn't civility preferable....

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'm not sure which car you're referring to here, but none of the three fit most driver's definition of "civility". On the Porsche message boards, there is a lively discussion on whether the GT3 is even drivable on the street, with at least one buyer returning his GT3 after a week to trade for a 996TT. The Stradale is certainly extreme with its lack of sound deadening and carpets, and features a pretty stiff ride, and the Ford GT was said to be as harsh as the Stradale. If you truly want civility, look elesewhere.

Gary

7. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I would also keep in mind who spends more on Advertising $$$$.

8. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    GM spends the most $$$ in advertising, but they get ripped all the time by C&D. I don't buy that reasoning at all