Any Local FChat Metal heads? | FerrariChat

Any Local FChat Metal heads?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Dec 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just found out about a great concert coming up on Sat.December 20th. at the good old "House of Blues". We just got our tickets. "Michael Schenker Group" is the headliner. He's one of THE BEST, all time Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Guitarists,in my book.(U.F.O.,too.) Then,there's "Lynch Mob" featuring George Lynch,who was originally in the 80's Metal Band,"Dokken". If you've never seen George play,you OWE IT TO YOURSELF to see this Guitar Master. He's absolutely Phenomonal! Unbelievable! (and ,I've played Guitar since I was 10. But,due to Arthritis and a wrist injury,cannot play any more) And,opening up,is a long time Chicago favorite,"Enuff Z'Nuff". They are pretty good,in their own right. Sure,it's only a week before Christmas. But,I don't know about you,but,by that time,I'll be sick of Christmas Tunes and shopping,and give meself a nice little break!

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm one!

3. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I like just about anything load and raw, but with the heavy security at most concerts today I have not gone to many recently. If a good looking girl was checking me for non legal stuff it may not be that bad, but that will never happen.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! I hear that! Yes,when I was a teen,I went to,literally a few dozen concerts a year. Practically anything that came along,(Loud and Heavy,that is! :) ) I saved about 75% of the ticket stubs from '74 to about '81. Had a shoebox full of them. Hundreds. And,my Mom accidentally threw them out! I was crushed. had some really great ones in there. Example. Foghat and Bob Seeger at the old Chicago Stadium. Bad Co. OPENING UP for Black Oak Arkansas. $6.50 at the Auditorium Theatre. Rush opening up for Canned Heat,and Steppenwolf. Stones. The Who. All those Superbowl of Rock Concerts at the Old Comisky Park,and Soldier Field. I could go on and on. Now,I have most from '82 to present. I STILL go to a Concert at least a few times a year,only as my Achin' Back can tolerate. But,I love the House of Blues,because they have Valet Parking at Marina Towers. Just pull up,get out,they give you a ticket,and you go on in. Then,you are super close to the stage,ANYWHERE in there. Also,they serve (Good) Food,and Beers are easy to get. Easy in and out of the Can. And,easy out at the end of the show. A "Geezers" dream!

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    One of my Uncles tells me about some place,that was up by the Aragon Ballroom,(where I attended dozens of shows) that was called "The Kinetic Playground". He was telling me that he saw Janis Joplin,Jimi Hendrix,all sorts of cool artrists from,"back in the day". And,saw Led Zeppelin,when they were first staring out as Zeppelin,for $1.75 there! Those were the days.

6. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I think I was there many times in the 60's, don't know for sure those are now known as my LOST years

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    HeeHeeHee!! :) Like a funny thing that Radio Personality Kevin Matthews says; "I used to do alot of Drugs in the 70's. Now,I don't care what the temperature is!"

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,the Concert was Fantastic! The first band to play was Chicago's own,"Enuff Z'nuff" They have several Albums out,and I remember seeing them at all of the Local Rock bars back in the 80's. Then,a surprise add on band. "Steven Adler band". Steven Adler was the Drummer in "Guns n Roses". He had a great bunch of other musicians. Some that I recognized from other bands (Ratt,Vince Neil.) But,since they were a last minute add on,only played 5 (Guns n Roses) songs. Pretty good,though. Then we had guitar Virtuoso "George Lynch". George started out in the 80's Metal band,"Dokken". Then had his own band,"Lynch Mob". He was unbelievable. You must see this guy play to believe it! Then,to finish it all up,we had "Michael Schenker Group". Michael,and his brother Rudolf,started "The Scorpions" in the very early 70's. Then,Michael left to form "UFO". Another great band,started in the early 70's that still Rocks today. Then, he had "MSG-Michael Schenker Group". He played some Scorpions tunes,UFO tunes,and MSG tunes. Truly a Master on Guitar. And,hearing him play all of those old UFO songs brought me back to my "Yout' ". And,the House of Blues is a great place to see a show. I've seen well over a dozen there. You have Valet parking,at Marina City. Go right in. Great food in their restaraunt. Plus,you can order food up in the Concert Hall. Several bars,and Girls walking around with Beer,so,if you drink,you can get one very quickly and easily.(I don't anymore) Easy access to uncrowded washrooms. But,the best part is that it is small,and can see the bands up close and personal. Not a little dot on a stage! And,nice and quick going out. Always a great time there,especially,for this old geezer that doesn't like lines. And,on the way home (2:00AM) saw several cars pulled over by State Troppers. But,they apparently didn't catch the White Beemer that whizzed past us doing well over 100. But,I can't do that stuff too often. My achin' back is on fire today! (OWWW!!!) But,it was worth it.

9. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Hey Frank,

It turns out I was at this concert as well, but didn't even know until half way through it! A friend of mine owns a multimedia company, and they had their X-mas party there that night, so we had the opera box seats and the VIP lounge. When I checked out the band, it was George Lynch, and then I remembered you mentioning the show so I looked for you but no luck. Anyway, we stayed at the HOB hotel that night, the carpet and wallpaper in the hallways is enough to make you puke!

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi,Sean. Yes,we were there early,so were able to get barstools to sit on. No way could I stand that long with my bad back and bad leg. We were sitting along the "Rail" that encircles the Floor,at the back end,on the right side. If you go up the stairs,and go straight to the Rail,we were right there. We ate at the bar in the Restaraunt,first.Then,went upstairs. Yes,George is quite a Guitarist. One of my favorites. I've seen him many times. With Dokken,and Lynch Mob. Check out George's "Lynch Mob" CD's,if you haven't already. Great stuff! But,how about Michael Schenker. Absolutely fantastic. I've been listening to UFO,since the early 70's. And,MSG,subsequently. I remember seeing Van Halen,when they first came out,opening up for UFO at the old Ampitheater,back in '78 or '79. Saw UFO at "The Vic" about 5-6 years ago,and they had the original lineup,including Michael Schenker. We were right up at the stage for that one.