NC Roll Call | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NC Roll Call

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by rated///M, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    nice to see some more action in the NC section...

2. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Hey guys I am sure you will all be glad to know that there will be a Ferrari (independent dealership) opening in Charlotte in the next few months with a full service facility open by summer. When they get open there will be an extended invitation to the grand opening to all Fchat members in hte area that wish to attend. This will be a full blown retail/'service facility located in Charlotte proper. WIll post more as I get hte info

Wade

3. superX

superX Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Dennis Briddell
    pete-
    am I blushing:) I'm feel very fortunate to have this car. I looked for several months and began questioning the wisdom of owning an exotic. At the end of my visit to Rod's shop he told me matter of factly it is "the best" C/T out there. It was still a nerve racking decision for me but dam n if he wasn't bragging.

I'm jealose of all the so cal activity! they know how to do it. I'm always on the lookout for a local italian road rally or show. Lots of great twisties in western NC. There is a semi-organized show in winston every october. Last 2 years I've been out of town those dates. drat. look me up sometime when you are back in the piedmont. caio
    dennis

4. Skidplate

Skidplate Rookie

Nov 16, 2003
    Wade,

I am in Charlotte, NC. Where is the dealership going to be? I wouldn't mind going to the grand opening... It's great that we are finally getting one. I couldn't figure out why no one has done it before. There is alot of $$ in this city. Perhaps it will stimulate an owners club.

Alex

5. khughes

khughes Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    winston salem nc here!!! 355 F1 spider, would love to get together for a road trip or just bench racing. i also own farmington motorports park. www.farmingtonmotorsportspark.com and i have vip area with a bar that can meet in. email [email protected]

6. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Hello to everyone. I am a new member here. My partner (racedecknc) joined a while back and we decided to become a sponser for our Racedeck garage flooring product.

My good friend was the Ferrari Sales Mgr at Foreign Car Italia for a while. My wife and I dream of owning a 360 spider. What a beautiful car!!

Nice to meet everyone...the pics and videos here are awesome.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Neil

7. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    i am blair and i just joined today. I am only 16 and have not had the pleasure of driving a Ferrari.(i do drive a porsche every now and then though) i am just a young Ferrari obsessor, hell, my room is red and covered in Ferrari models and prints. i am trying to get into the world of Ferrari more than i am now.

hey if anyone wants to take me for a ride let me know!!

8. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    The FCA is looking for someone willing to serve as a focal point as "North Carolina Chapter Chairperson". This person would keep in occasional contact with the Southeast Region Director (covering Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee), and to help put together at least 3 events each year for North Carolina members, which might include a Formula One party, concours, weekend drives, social gatherings at local restaurants, etc. The events don't have to be strictly limited to Ferrari cars or FCA members.

We do have some support from Steve Barney, who owns Sport Auto, even though that is now an official Lambo dealership. He'll help, but we need someone else who is willing to serve as the focal point overall.

Either email me at
    Mike Charness <[email protected]>
    or email Wendy Djang <[email protected]>

It's a very rewarding task. I've been doing that as the Alabama focal point for the last couple of years.

Mike Charness
    Ferrari Club of America
    Southeast Region
    www.fca-se.com

9. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Mike sign me up for it, Since I am moving my business to Charlotte I am going to put together as many events as possible and hopefully some kind of owners club and definately GP viewing at the new shop

Wade

www.fortunemotors.com

New Orleasns La
    Charlotte NC

10. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Wade, sounds great. I got your email, and you should have mine by now. We'll talk via phone in the next few days.

11. Gambler360

Gambler360 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Wake Forest,NC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan scoggins
    Raleigh, NC. I have yet to see more than two other 360's in the triangle area. I know there have to be a lot more. I have the titanium 360 modena in North Raleigh off of Durant Rd. Any other Ferrari freaks in this immediate area? I used to have the black 355 gts(not exactly the best car for the wallet) till the recent trade in on the 360(which is sit in the garage and stare at on a nightly basis) I still can not believe it is mine!!!

12. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
  13. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Very new here but I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Rob. I am an amateur automotive photographer. If any of you would allow me to take pics of your Ferrari's or that sweet Lamborghini, please let me know.
    I live in Bahama...Ba-hay-ma...(It's above Durham folks...)
    I frequently go to Foreign Cars Italia and Sport Auto to photograph there stock and would like to have more practice outside.
    My e-mail is [email protected]
    Thanks in advance!

14. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Greetings all -

I'm new to FerrariChat and Ferrari ownership. Luv'n every minute of it!!!! I look forward to meeting NC Ferrari fans.

Attached is my first post to FerrariChat and a link to my Porsche C4S Cab that is on ebay - Porsche may be faster but nowhere near as fun - anyone need a Porsche for a daily?:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8006

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459370816&category=10156

15. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Your car is awesome looking! That is one of the best looking 328's I've seen.

Would you mind giving a good comparison from the 996 to the 328? I've owned a 2001 996 as well and I'm thinking of a 328 or 348 Ferrari.

Thanks
    Jeremy

16. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Well, I've spent @150,000 miles in Porsches and @1500 miles in a Ferrari so take my opinion in context. The 996 is civilized around town and on the open road you can have some fun with the speed. The Ferrari is totally uncivilized around town - remember with the 328 there is zero assit on steering - so you will have to use both hands on a slow turn. But once you get out on some road the Ferrari is awsome - the combination of sound, torque, feel is great. The Ferrari needs to stay above 3000 and feels best at 4000 so you will be running in lower gears than usual in the Porsche. For me, when I sell my 2004 Porsche, I'll probably want another Porsche for a daily driver. Good luck.

17. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    so basically, the 328 is going to be the purists approach, taking more driver involvement...

18. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Hello, I am John. I was DrS on the old board and am now known as DrS.

I have a 348 Spider and a home in Raleigh and in Lenoir (Mountains, baby!!!) Depends upon my mood where the car is kept.

Dave(WorthIt) is good people and we have spoken about get togethers often. Please keep me in mind when planning one!!!! Going to a race in our f-cars would be cool as hell!!!!!

DrS

19. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Folks, we've got a large group of F-cars here in North Carolina. Let's stop chatting, and start driving !

I propose the 1st annual North Carolina "Ferrar-B-Q", on Saturday March 27th. There are pockets of cars in Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte, and "out west". If we meet in the middle of the state, it's an easy drive for nearly everybody. There are plenty of nice parks in the area where we could meet up, eat some famous NC bar-b-que (eastern, or western? tough choice...), then take the cars for a drive.

I suggest meeting in Greensboro -- easy access from I-40, or I-85. In terms of a drive, maybe we could do a hill-climb to Hanging Rock State Park? Great roads, gorgeous picture opportunities.

Just because we don't have Crystal Cove like the SoCal folks, that doesn't mean we shouldn't have some fun.

Anyone interested ? Open to all, or limited to Ferrari?

-Daniel

20. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    Hey Daniel -

I'm ready for some "Q" and Ferrari action. Keep me posted.

Cheers, george
    Raleigh - 328

21. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Too soon for me. Though I would love to go.

This is a bad month, but keep me in mind!!!

DrS

22. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    I'll be driving blue ridge parkway that day. Not that the little yellow monster was invited. :) Maybe we could do a group thing and just make it a sports car day. We already have a route planned. I'm guessing about 4-6 hours drive time depending on lunch stops etc.

23. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    You know I'm up for it! I just got my amg brakes on and my new wheels so I'm ready to roll whenever!!!

24. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

How about a pic of the new rims?

25. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #50 L8Braker, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017