Allan: your upgrades | FerrariChat

Allan: your upgrades

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bobafett, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Allan,

Couldn't find anything in the previous posts that really spoke in detail about your upgrades to the SV. Do you mind discussing them here. Curious about what you've gone through, what worked, what didn't, etc.

--Dan

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Dan, i havent really experimented alot with my Sv. I have a full custom exhaust with no cats (makes a huge difference in power, and loses about 90pds of weight) and from the factory, the Sv comes with restrictors in the ram air, which i have cut out, and also replaced the air filters with K+N's. This also made a suprising difference. As for the nitrous, it is a very basic system, basicly 2 6cyl kits tied together, 2 75shots for each bank. Initially i ran a 2 100shots, but decided to go down to 75shots. Thats it. Car runs great with or without the nitrous.

I know others have been experimenting with larger throttle bodies and headers with good results. Also, people are using direct port nitrous now, which makes much more power than mine does.

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    How much horsepower do you have with and without the nitrous?

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Very interesting. Have people tried using a wet alcohol system? I too am curious about the power gains you've got.

--Dan

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    On motor, its right around 600hp, so depending on what size Nitrous shot i use, 750-800hp on nitrous.