Changes from old software. | FerrariChat

Changes from old software.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How do you feel about the new software?

1. I don't like the change and never will.

2. I either like it or know I will as I get use to it and Rob makes improvements.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I just want to get a feel for where people stand on the entire switch so far. We'll do similar polls weekly so I can make sure we're heading in the right direction.

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i like the fact that things go from old to new now :)

3. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Starting to like it!
    Small image upload test:

4. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    This change is good and most people will start to like it very soon. I have lived throught all the forum changes at Rennlist which now uses vBulletin as well and it has been nothing less than improvements in every way.

Keep up the great work, Rob.

5. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    #5 India Whiskey Charlie, Nov 3, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Right now, I am experiencing this when I click on "Submit Reply" every time. It gives me the impression that my message was not posted while it has.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    As with anything that you frequent a change throws things off. I am not a big fan of change, but it is essential in order to move forward. Which is exactly what f-chat is doing. As much as we all liked the old software for whatever reasons, in order for more people to be able to be a part of f-chat this new software was needed. But, give it like a few weeks and you will be used to it. Everything is still here it is just a different type of layout. Now, that the image problem is solved I am happy. Please post pics Mr. G.
    Erik

7. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Same here..

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Kenny, want to trouble shoot that for me? Actually, I'll just ask vB as I think it must be something that has been reported before.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    No problem here.
    With the reply button - or the new software.
    Got to be a real fuddy-duddy who doesn't realize how much easier and more navigable FerrariChat is to say "I'll never like it." 1 click on the new board instead of multiple clicks on the old board for so many functions.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wax: too much clutter. Too many options I *can't* turn off personally.

--Dan

11. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    In my opinion, from a design perspective, the old board was not merely not-broken, but actually THE BEST board I have ever visited.

So why 'fix' it?

The layout was pure, classy, simple, and did everything any of us ever needed to do. And did so fast so we had time left to drive our cars!

The new board is a solution in search of a problem. (again, all from a design perspective.)

I understand a switch to a db-backed format is inevetible for performance reasons alone, and a few things like going immediately to the first new post in a thread are nice (but WHY do we need a seperate button for that? How come that is not the default now?)

I would like to see the old FC design and UI, backed by the supior SQL v3 backend.