Looking for a place to stay for our holiday in the States !!! | FerrariChat

Looking for a place to stay for our holiday in the States !!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dino 208gt4, Dec 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi Fellow Fchatmembers,

Last week of april we will go for a holiday of 2 weeks.
    Because the dollar is very low now for us european we want to check if it is possible to go to the states for a nice holiday. I will go with my wife and 2 daughters (2 and 4 years old). I know USA is a big country and there are many places to go but first we think of is Florida or California (I like a little bit when I am on holiday).
    Is there a Fchat member who can advise or has a place to stay can rent for our holiday (apartment or house)????
    Maybe internetadresses where I can find houses/appartments of rent.
    We schould be very thankfull.
    Ofcourse if someone is comming to this site of the ocean we are willing to help too with an accomodation.
    Thanx
    Roel

2. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Hey Dino -

I'm in Southern California (often the destination for people going to California for vacation), and I might be able to give you some suggestions, but it's best if I know where in Southern California you want to stay.

There are a lot of Californians on this site, as well as a few Floridians, so they will probably add thier suggestions, which would probably be better than mine.

What types of things do you want to do on your vacation?

3. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi Nibblesworth,

It's our first time in USA. Ofcourse with 2 little kids you can't do everything, but disneyland, NASA, Miami(FL), or WB studios, LA, SF or San Diego (CA). We want to rent a car a drive a little bit around to see and meet people. We are open for everything.
    Ofcourse meeting some Fchat people schould be nice too.

Just looking on Fchat if there is someone who knows a good and affordable place to stay with my family.
    Suggestions???

Thanx
    Roel

4. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Well if you end up in Orlando to visit Disney (great Idea by the way) and rent a car, be sure and drive the speed limit on the freeway. Their are more speed traps around Disney than any single mile of freeway in the entire world. Really, drive the limit or you'll get yourself a nice $200 fine.

Orlando is a good idea by the way. Although, you may get tired of the amusement park thing after a few days.

NYC is nice for adults, but I don't think your kids would like it much. Too much walking and what not.

California is a good idea too. As far as I know, the San Diego zoo is still a great place to visit and the beach are nice.

Of course, if you go to Florida, you can go from Disney to either Tampa or Miami area to visit some really nice beaches. And the Florida keys are not far either.

Look up some travel destinations on expedia.com, or talk with a travel agent or friend who's visited the states. Get ideas from them.

Good luck and have fun.

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Look up Martin for a place to rent in Miami. There are some hotels that rent apt type rooms with a full kitchen also in Miami. I can help get you 1 of those websites

6. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi William,

I would be very thankfull if you have some good webadresses for me.
    You mean Martin from Cavalino?
    Thanx
    Roel

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    If the city is your thing, you have to check out SF or San Diego. If you want to see some of the best natural surroundings, Yosemite, all the way!

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Roel,

Coincidentally, I suggested this site earlier this morning. It is called: www.vrbo.com This site consists of independant property, boutique hotel and B&B owners (U.S. and worldwide) who offer daily and weekly rates. You may have some luck with it (as I have).

Enjoy!!

DL

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Yes that Martin, he is a realtor in Miami & knows about seasonal rentals, let me see what I can find

10. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Heres a few places in Miami, what is your budget for a hotel more or less ?
    http://www.shamrockcorporatehousing.com
    http://www.DAK.US
    http://www.extendedstay.com also try studioplus

There must be 1,000 hotels in Miami, since the euro is strong you can probably stay ata really nice hotel. If you dont absoluteyly need to have an apt w a kitchen and you want a great location I would highly suggest the Loews or the Marriot in Miami Beach
    http://www.loewshotels.com
    http://www.marriot.com

Good luck

11. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Thanx William,

I am gonna check these sites tonight.
    Roel

12. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    San Francisco is a must for one day. From there, a great day or overnight trip would be Yosemite National Park. The Ahwahnee Lodge at Yosemite is a five-star ticket you will never foget. Visit http://www.nationalparkreservations.com/yosemite_national_park.htm.
    I live near the park and would be pleased to play host for a day! THe waterfalls in April will be very heavy and is really a sight to see.

13. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    If your interested in Key West , Florida, drop me an email. We have a 2 bedroom house located in the Key West Golf Club. It is still available in April.

14. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Hi Roel,

been to USA twice and both times I visited San Francisco, just loved that place! From SF you can drive to all kind of nice places in California, Arizona etc.
    The first time we booked a trip through Jan Doets (Heerhugowaard) with all kind of nice hotels. The second time we stayed in Motel 7s etc. These aren't as beautiful, but good enough for one or two nights...so then you have to travel...(as we did :D we drove over 6.000 miles that trip :D )