2004 USAGT Ferrari vs Porsche Racing | FerrariChat

2004 USAGT Ferrari vs Porsche Racing

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by speedmoore, Dec 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    Anyone with a Challenge car or other GT road race Ferrari interested in running the USAGT in 2004 HSR series should contact Dave Stone of Kelly Moss Racing asap to let them know of the interest that exists for Ferrari and influence how classes are stuctured in order to ensure Ferrari cars continue to qualify to run in the series.

[email protected]

http://www.usagt.net/

There was only one challenge car that participated this past season and was warmly welcomed. The Challenge cars are a huge hit with the vintage race fans and the races themselves are some of the best amatuer road racing in GT you will find. Would be nice to see some friendly competition with other F-cars.

You can also email me directly: [email protected] as the liason for all Ferrari technical rules questions for the USAGT

David Moore
    Moorespeed Race Engineering
    Austin Texas
    www.moorespeed.com

2. danajgribi

danajgribi Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana J. Gribi
    I have been reading the posts to fc for a few months, but this is my first post. I have owned a 1983 512 BBi for nineteen years and five months ago I bought a 1995 F 355 Challenge Race Car and began going to racing schools and attending DE's at TWS. It has been a very exciting year for me.

I also entered into two HSR races this year, with the support from David Moore at Moorespeed. My first race was at Road Atlanta and the second race was at Daytona. I ran in the USAGT Series and I had a blast. But it was very lonesome out there as there were eight to ten Porsches and only one Ferrari in the race.

HSR is a great place to race a "nice" race car. Even though the races are quite competitive, no one is out there trying to tear up their cars. The people that coordinate the races, the teams that support the cars and racers, and the people racing their cars are all very special. And the cars are unbelievable. There is every kind of race car at these events, all in their own classes and it is all very exciting to be a part of these events.

I believe the USAGT Series was originially put together for the Porsche 993 Cup and RSR and the 996 Cup and GT3R/RS race cars, but this year the series allowed Ferrari Challenge Cars and it sounds like they have had interest to race in the series from other Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Corvette and Viper owners.........

So if you have a race car or intend to buy a race car that will qualify to race in this very special series, I hope you will consider racing with us in 2004. I believe in David Moore's post he has the contact information about the series..........

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them, and if I do not know the answer, I will find the answer for you.

Thanks for your time and reading about my enthusiastic support for the USAGT Series races with HSR and all who are involved in this exciting world of amateur racing.

Dana

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hello Dana! Great to see you on FerrariChat.com. You're still my hero. :)

I know this series can be successful with all the Challenge cars out there, great tracks, and the great community around HSR

Budget willing I would like to attend at least two weekends next year.

Dana, I'm going to merge your post in with David's thread since they're on the same topic.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I sent Dave an email. Budget wise I can only do at least two weekends, but in the future I would like to do more.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hi Dana!

We met briefly at TWS this year, you let my son "try on" your 355C.

Welcome to F Chat.

Good Luck for 2004.

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I would love to but there is the wify approval process and that is not very likely to happen soon.
    Also there is the "have to do some more school" process that will hopefully happen very soon.

I would love to run for one race just to have fun. Yes, I will be the car you see in the mirror in the first lap and the one you see in the windshield in your next :)

7. danajgribi

danajgribi Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana J. Gribi

Thank you for the welcome to FC and for the Good Luck wishes......
    If you took a picture of your son in the car please send it to me....
    It is fun to see people interested in the car.....

And Rob thanks for placing my post to David's post. I am not exactly sure about the FC system but I am learning. And I am glad I am still your hero...............

And in response to seeing cars in my rear view on only the first lap is getting fewer and fewer..........I would love to have the competition on the track...........And if your car is like most F Cars.......I will be happy to have you in front of my windshield.........I love pretty rabbits to follow on the track..........but be careful of the last lap........I just might be the one in front of your windshield..........

D

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Hi Dana, great to see you over here. Thanks to you, I had the pleasure of speaking to Elliott Forbes-Robinson at the last Ed P event at TWS. I actually got pointers from him after my high speed spin out at turn 1.

BTW, here's here is your pic that a promised to you.
    Take care,

Will

9. danajgribi

danajgribi Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana J. Gribi
    Thanks Will. And I am glad EFR was able to help you out. I know he made a big difference in my driving...........
    I hope to work with him again next year. I would love to work with him at other tracks..........
    And thank you for the picture of the car. You took a great picture...
    Dana